Stripe to raidz2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luis Thiago

Dabbler
Would you help me?

I have a freenas in Raidz2, with 4 HD's of 2TB. One of them gave a problem, I changed the defective hard drive and did a "replace", it worked fine, except that I had to change this HD again because the defective was for the warranty and it came back, in that second exchange I tried to do raplace and gave error , I tried to use the ZFS manager and ended up putting the new HD as a "stripe". How do I undo this crap? LOL

I know that have to do backup all data and create a new pool in raidz2....my question is: how I can do backup and after a restore ?

nojohnny101

Wizard
There are many different methods to back up your data. You could just create a share and then mount the share on another computer on the LAN, then copy things over. If that computer doesn't have enough space, you could buy a large USB drive and connect it to that computer and then take it from the FN box directly to the USB drive.

Or you could rsync it to another computer (server or desktop). Or if your data is not too large, possibly a cloud storage? Many different ways to skin this cat, just pick which ones suits your situation.

Luis Thiago

Dabbler
Thak you nojohnny101!

after backup the data, how I do to put in back? to recover this data in new pool!

Last edited by a moderator:

nojohnny101

Wizard
Well once you rebuild the pool, you can transfer it back the same way that you back it up I imagine!

nojohnny101

Wizard
If you have any more questions or run into any more problems, post back!

Vito Reiter

Wise in the Ways of Science
Yeah man, it's an ultra hassle. I made the same exact mistake with a 10TB pool and had no where to move the data while I rebuilt the pool properly. There should be a warning when creating a new vdev or replacing a drive that states to check over EVERYTHING as this is cannot be undone. Anyway, best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.