SOLVED Strange iocage snapshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianwi

Guru
I've converted most of my jails to iocage, and like I did with the warden ones I snapshot the top level dataset (/mnt/tank/iocage) with recursive ticked so they transfer across to my 2nd freenas box.

Everything had been working fine until yesterday when I destroyed an iocage jail (emby) and then recreated one with exactly the same name. The jail is working fine, although some of the snapshots from a different jail (embyms) seem to have got messed up, and I'm now getting these messages e-mailed every few hours:

Code:
Replication APEpool1/iocage -> 192.168.168.65:APEpool2 failed: Failed: APEpool1/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root (embyms->emby)

Hello,
   The replication failed for the local ZFS APEpool1/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root while attempting to
   apply incremental send of snapshot embyms -> emby to 192.168.168.65

I've looked at the snapshots and they look like any other periodic snapshot, with the exception of these in the ../iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root folder:

preview

These are named differently to the auto-date snapshots I typically see, and I can't delete them as get the following message:

preview

This appears to be the iocage jail folder, which I probably don't want to remove as I want this copied to my backup box.

Any idea what's going on here, and how I fix it?

Thanks

Just noticed I'm getting a flood of these at the other end, the root folder doesn't exist and I can't created it as the file system is read-only:

Code:
Jul 21 13:27:07 freenas2 collectd[3221]: statvfs(/mnt/APEpool2/iocage/jails/emby/root) failed: No such file or directory
Jul 21 13:27:17 freenas2 collectd[3221]: statvfs(/mnt/APEpool2/iocage/jails/emby/root) failed: No such file or directory
Jul 21 13:27:27 freenas2 collectd[3221]: statvfs(/mnt/APEpool2/iocage/jails/emby/root) failed: No such file or directory
Jul 21 13:27:37 freenas2 collectd[3221]: statvfs(/mnt/APEpool2/iocage/jails/emby/root) failed: No such file or directory
Jul 21 13:27:47 freenas2 collectd[3221]: statvfs(/mnt/APEpool2/iocage/jails/emby/root) failed: No such file or directory
Jul 21 13:27:57 freenas2 collectd[3221]: statvfs(/mnt/APEpool2/iocage/jails/emby/root) failed: No such file or directory

Last edited:

adrianwi

Guru
There might be a better way of fixing this, but the only thing I could find was:

• delete all of the snapshots at iocage/jails/emby and iocage/jails/embyms on my main FreeNAS box
  • delete the iocage/release/11.1-RELEASE/root/emby and iocage/release/11.1-RELEASE/root/embyms snapshots on the backup box
This stopped all the error messages and alerts on both and then the next manual snapshot transferred everything back to the backup. Will try and avoid deleting a jail and then creating a new one using the same name again.

Status
Not open for further replies.