Cant see the files inside my mount point inside of jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cytomax

Explorer
FreeNAS-11.2-BETA1

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/iocage-amd64/master/emby-server.json

iocage fetch -P --name emby-server.json ip4_addr="em0|192.168.0.4/24”

mkdir /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/media/Movies

iocage fstab -a emby-server "/mnt/volume/windowsset/Movies/Movies_Downloads /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/media/Movies nullfs rw 0 0"

iocage fstab -l emby-server

Code:
root@freenas:~ # iocage fstab -l emby-server
+-------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| INDEX |																  FSTAB ENTRY																   |
+=======+================================================================================================================================================+
| 0	 | /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root/bin /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/bin nullfs ro 0 0												|
+-------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| 1	 | /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root/boot /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/boot nullfs ro 0 0											  |
| 2	 | /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root/lib /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/lib nullfs ro 0 0												|
| 3	 | /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root/libexec /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/libexec nullfs ro 0 0										|
| 4	 | /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root/rescue /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/rescue nullfs ro 0 0										  |
| 5	 | /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root/sbin /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/sbin nullfs ro 0 0											  |
| 6	 | /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root/usr/bin /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/usr/bin nullfs ro 0 0										|
| 7	 | /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root/usr/include /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/usr/include nullfs ro 0 0								|
| 8	 | /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root/usr/lib /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/usr/lib nullfs ro 0 0										|
| 9	 | /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root/usr/libexec /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/usr/libexec nullfs ro 0 0								|
| 10	| /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root/usr/sbin /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/usr/sbin nullfs ro 0 0									  |
| 11	| /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root/usr/share /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/usr/share nullfs ro 0 0									|
| 12	| /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root/usr/libdata /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/usr/libdata nullfs ro 0 0								|
| 13	| /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root/usr/lib32 /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/usr/lib32 nullfs ro 0 0									|
| 14	| /mnt/volume/windowsset/Movies/Movies_Downloads /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/media/Movies nullfs rw 0 0 |

Restart FreeNAS

iocage console emby-server

cd /media

ls -al

drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 2 Jul 29 11:45 Movies

cd /media/Movies

ls

shows nothing

If i exit the jail console and am back inside of FreeNAS

cd /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/media/Movies

ls

shows everything

What am i doing wrong?

danb35

Hall of Famer
cd /media/Movies

ls

shows nothing
It wouldn't--you told the jail to mount it at /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/media/Movies. If that directory exists in your jail, and you go to it, you should see your files.

Cytomax

Explorer
ty for the response
I am sure you are aware and i may be mistaken but
when i type
iocage console emby-server
I thought i would be inside the jail at /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root
so all i have to do is go to /media/Movies which should show me all the stuff at /mnt/volume/windowsset/Movies/Movies_Downloads

i may be wrong i am pretty new to iocage

thanks in advance

danb35

Hall of Famer
When you do:
Code:
iocage fstab -a emby-server "/mnt/volume/windowsset/Movies/Movies_Downloads  /mnt/iocage/jails/emby-server/root/media/Movies nullfs  rw  0  0"

The first path argument is the "source", i.e., what path on your FreeNAS box do you want to make available to the jail. The second is the destination--where should that path appear within the jail. If you wanted it to appear as /media/Movies inside the jail, you should have done:
Code:
iocage fstab -a emby-server "/mnt/volume/windowsset/Movies/Movies_Downloads  /media/Movies nullfs  rw  0  0"

Cytomax

Explorer
ty very much
awwwww pooop... i just nuked my system and reinstalled 11.1 ...... now i wanna try again....
1 last thing.. i dont see any option for iocage to make a directory if the directory doesnt exit when creating the mount points... any thing speical or i just manually mkdir since its still in beta and kinds are being ironed out?

Status
Not open for further replies.