Something wrong with Window Map drive and credentials for access

Status
Not open for further replies.
all was good, but now my Sharp scanner will not connect to the network. I do not know Lunix, so I use window GUI for access and setting.
I have set up on Freenas 11, a share drive, user and group for the scanner. Per this forum, I try to test the credentials using window map drive. but it will not connect (note using my window credentials, I can map it). I have look at the security under the folder property, and all look good.
I'm not lost, any help, remember I'm just a user, so please talk simple and use the window GUI.

Thanks

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I have watch the Video, The are super and helpful. The problem is when I went to test using the map drive per the video, it didn't work. I also look at security of the folder.
all was working a month ago, then we moved, I updated to FN to 11, and their been update to Window 10. So I think something has changed.

Arubial1229

Dabbler
I ran into an issue with a Sharp scanner at work at supports SMBv1 by default. The server we were scanning to had been patched and would not allow SMBv1 connections anymore (due to WannaCry). We had to manually tell the scanner to use SMBv2 in the config and that fixed it. Not sure if this is related but figured I would mention it.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What I understand is that the Windows client isn't connecting. The exact error message would be useful to know.

problem solved, it was a setting in the router. The TWC tech changed the setting, and I didn't realize it. Check my notes found it.
Now all is good, on to the next problem.
Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.