Some Vmware snapshots failing in FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

douglasg14b

Dabbler
I setup VMware snapshots for my ESXi box, however some of them seem to be failing and I do not know how to figure out why. There doesn't seem to be any relation between the VMs that fail and the ones that succeed.

I can log into ESXi and create a snapshot successfully for these VMs, but they don't seem to snapshot in FreeNAS.

I get this error:

Code:
WARNING: Nov. 14, 2017, 9 a.m. - VMWare snapshot Stripe_16TB_1/esxi_test@auto-20171114.0900-2w failed for the following VMs: MySQL, Atlassian, dev-vm001, Ark Server Windows

Where can I find out the details of why they are failing?

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, which build version of FreeNAS (from System -> Information)?

D

dlavigne

Once 11.1 is released on the 11th, let us know if the behavior persists.

D

dlavigne

Best bet is to create a ticket at bugs.freenas.org that includes your debug (System -> Advanced -> Save Debug). Post the issue number here, though it will be hidden from others while the debug is still attached.

douglasg14b

Dabbler
Best bet is to create a ticket at bugs.freenas.org that includes your debug (System -> Advanced -> Save Debug). Post the issue number here, though it will be hidden from others while the debug is still attached.

I see, so there is no way for me to see the specific failure messages for the VMWare snapshots so I can do some debugging on my end?

Edit: I see lots of logs in the debug export, which ones should I look through for this kind of info?

Edit2: Looks like I'm actually still on 11.0 U4 after the update, 11.1 looks like a prerelease, is that stable enough to use? When I try and switch it gives me this error:

You're not allowed to change away from the nightly train, it is considered a downgrade.
If you have an existing boot environment that uses that train, boot into it in order to upgrade that train.

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Typically /var/log/messages is a good start and I see from your debug (which includes that file) that there are some related errors there.

douglasg14b

Dabbler
Typically /var/log/messages is a good start and I see from your debug (which includes that file) that there are some related errors there.

All I see there is the same errors "Snapshot of VM MySQL failed"...etc, would there be somewhere else that might show more details?

D

dlavigne

Hard to tell without looking at a full debug. Please create a ticket at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. Note that it will be hidden from others until a dev has a chance to review the debug.

Status
Not open for further replies.