FreeNAS 11 + ESXi 6.5.0d = VMware Snapshot Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reece Johnson

Dabbler
Hi Everyone,

Today I decided to upgrade my FreeNAS and ESXi machines. My FreeNAS was upgraded from 9.10 to 11, and my ESXi was patched from 6.5.0 to 6.5.0d. Prior to these changes I had VMware snapshot configured and working.

After the upgrade, when my next VMware snapshot attempted to run I received an error stating that FreeNAS could not find the storage pool on the ESXi box anymore. I attempted to re-create the VMware snapshot, but now the only storage pool that is found is the internal boot drive named "datastore1". I created a temporary additional NFS mount to FreeNAS, which FreeNAS didn't see either.

Has anyone else encountered this, or is anyone using VMware snapshot successfully with FreeNAS 11 and/or ESXi 6.5.0d? Trying to isolate which side is the problem.

FreeNAS VMware snapshot output now:
VMware Snapshot.png

Actual ESXi storage pools:
ESXi Storage Pools.png

Errors after upgrades (from VMware snapshot working previously):
FreeNAS Errors.png

Thanks!

Dice

Wizard
Please keep the forum posted on your progress.
Im in ...the pre-update phase to the same versions!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Might want to file a bug report. As always, post the issue number here once you do.

Reece Johnson

Dabbler
I tried downgrading to 9.10.2-U3, even though I had upgraded my pools with the 11.0-Stable release, which was successful. 9.10.2-U3 correctly shows all my storage pools:

FreeNAS 9.10.2-U3.png

I rebooted into 11.0-Stable and again only datastore1 showed up.

I submitted issue #24570.

Thanks for your help so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.