Some folders not visible via AFP (only sometimes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avi Poss

Dabbler
Hi,
I have a freenas which has been using CIFS for about a year. A few days ago I enabled AFP for some of my volumes that are in use by Macs because I noticed that the throughput increased about sixfold (from ~14MBps to ~85 MBps). But I noticed that one of my folders on a volume that I use, seems to not always appear via AFP (from all Macs at the same time) when it's there all computers can see it, but when it's not, none can (unless they're connected via CIFS, then they can access it without a problem).
Does anyone have any ideas?
I'm running a FreeNAS mini (FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201506292130) with 4 WDC WD6001FSYZ drives (WD Re 6TB) configured as RAIDZ2.
Thanks!

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Sounds like a permissions problem. It's generally not a great idea to share same dataset with multiple protocols at same time. You're better off figuring out why samba is slow. If it's limited to macs, this is probably due to signing changes in the badlock fix for samba, and there is a workaround if you search around the forums.

fracai

Guru
I see this occasionally. I can sometimes resolve it by navigating to other directories and then back. This seems to flush the local AFP cache. When this doesn't work I resart the FreeNAS AFP service.

I forgot to mention that I'm not using CIFS at all, so it might not be related to that.

Avi Poss

Dabbler
Sounds like a permissions problem. It's generally not a great idea to share same dataset with multiple protocols at same time. You're better off figuring out why samba is slow. If it's limited to macs, this is probably due to signing changes in the badlock fix for samba, and there is a workaround if you search around the forums.
For anyone looking at this thread in the future, here is the fix and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.