SMB Sharing doesn't work after upgrade to TrueNas12-U3

fahl

Cadet
Thank you for this.

Do you also have an idea how to find out why the cpu usage is always that high? At least that's what the dashboard shows.

spectrality

Dabbler
I still didn't reboot my nas, since i have a bunch of VMs running off the iSCSI link from this NAS and can't shut them down right now.
@anodos do you think there will be a hotfix for this issue in the next update?

spectrality

Dabbler
@anodos You were totally correct saying that the settings gets wiped on reboot. I finally had to reboot the VM and upon reboot same thing happened, i had to follow all the steps you have provided before to get the SMB working again, as well as i had also to go into every SMD share and reapply the permissions.
Hope this gets fixed soon

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
@anodos You were totally correct saying that the settings gets wiped on reboot. I finally had to reboot the VM and upon reboot same thing happened, i had to follow all the steps you have provided before to get the SMB working again, as well as i had also to go into every SMD share and reapply the permissions.
Hope this gets fixed soon
There is no need to reapply permissions. Those are stored on-disk. At most midclt call smb.configure + SMB service restart.

MisFitz

Cadet
I hope no one mind me piggybacking onto this thread in order to avoid creating a new one for what appears to be a related issue.

I seem to be having the same issues and much like fahl, I followed this thread up until a certain point and it didn't seem to work. One difference though, is that when I ran
Code:
midclt call smb.passdb_list
, it did list my users unlike spectrality.

I ran
Code:
smbclient //127.0.0.1/SHARE -U <username>
and it kicked back the same "tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME" error as fahl. I then ran
Code:
midclt call smb.configure
which output, I believe, "108". After running this, the share did not seem to instantly work as it did for fahl so I ran
Code:
smbclient //127.0.0.1/SHARE -U <username>
and it gave me the same error message as before. I also tried restarting the SMB service and restarting both the NAS and the computer I'm trying to access the shares from to no avail.

I'm quite a novice at much of this and had a hard time setting up my NAS on FreeNAS so hopefully I'm able to get some guidance on where to go from here! I'd appreciate any help! Thanks so much!!