SMB Share - Network Path Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Spangler

Dabbler
I am having an issue accessing my SMB share on my TrueNAS server. First, I have not had a problem accessing my smb share for many years. This has just appeared.

Of course, Windows is always updating and I do keep my TrueNAS up to date as well. I don't know that it has anything to do with that.

I am running TrueNAS-12.0-U2. I am now unable to access the share over the network (I get network path not found - 0x80070035 error).

I am able to access the shares of my other Win10 computers on the network, but none of the windows computers can access the TrueNAS shared directories.

I have recreated the share and restarted the smb service.

One more note: I am able to access the drive by IP address. I can not access using the hostname (//Hostname/ - for example).

Am I alone in this or does someone have a solution? Any insight is helpful.

Lee Spangler

Dabbler
I rolled back TruNas to U1.1 and that solved the sub access issue on all machines.

I’ve never submitted a bug report, but I may do so on this issue.

If anyone else had this problem after going to 12 U2, let me know here please.

-Lee

Tim_91

Cadet
I am having an issue accessing my SMB share on my TrueNAS server. First, I have not had a problem accessing my smb share for many years. This has just appeared.

Of course, Windows is always updating and I do keep my TrueNAS up to date as well. I don't know that it has anything to do with that.

I am running TrueNAS-12.0-U2. I am now unable to access the share over the network (I get network path not found - 0x80070035 error).

I am able to access the shares of my other Win10 computers on the network, but none of the windows computers can access the TrueNAS shared directories.

I have recreated the share and restarted the smb service.

One more note: I am able to access the drive by IP address. I can not access using the hostname (//Hostname/ - for example).

Am I alone in this or does someone have a solution? Any insight is helpful.

I am having a similar, if not the same, issue. I recently upgraded a test box I have from 11.3-U5 to 12.0-U1.1 to work out any kinks before doing my main system. I can access the shares using \\hostname\ just fine in 11.3-U5, but not in 12.0-U1.1 where I get the same 0x80070035 error. I can access the shares using the IP address on Both setups.

What do we need to do in TrueNas 12 to Use \\Hostname\ to access shares that we didn't need to do in older versions??

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I rolled back TruNas to U1.1 and that solved the sub access issue on all machines.

I’ve never submitted a bug report, but I may do so on this issue.

If anyone else had this problem after going to 12 U2, let me know here please.

-Lee
Can you send me a debug (system->advanced->save debug) as a private message? I'll try to look at it tomorrow and see if there is a regression.

cap

Contributor
Unfortunately, I can no longer access my SMB shares. Had some problems after the update (incl. UEFI update), which I could solve by reinstalling. Now I get no access no matter what I do.

ianrm

Dabbler
Hi folks,
Version 12.0.u1
I thought the issue was that I had missed as step somewhere. RecentlyI had a disk failure so had not used the NAS until after I upgraded and added a new disk. I found that I could not access SMB, AFP or NFS shares.
The W10 PC can see the NAS but not connect, the MAC (Big Sur) cannot see the NAS using the DNS name. I log onto the NAS using its IP address.
So also looking for help with this ssiue.
Ian

Last edited:

Lee Spangler

Dabbler
Can you send me a debug (system->advanced->save debug) as a private message? I'll try to look at it tomorrow and see if there is a regression.

Yes, I will do so. BTW - I went back to version 12 u3. I can't access my share from any windows 10 computer.

Frustrating.

-Lee

Lee Spangler

Dabbler
I have tried 12.0-U2.1 - and I am still having trouble with Win 10 computers connecting to the smb share. I am able to access the smb share from one of my android devices. It seems that this may be a specific Windows 10 issue - something to do with a recent update.

ianrm

Dabbler
I installed the update 12 U2 stable and I can know connect to SMB from the MAC mini.
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.