SMB Access Interruption

tripodal

Dabbler
I am intermittently losing access to Encrypted datasets hosted via SMB using AD permissions.

The issue appears to be user specific, as two people with similar permissions (but via different rules in the ACL) have different behavior. Restarting the Truenas Box seems to resolve the issue for the affected user.
When the issue presents, SMB is up and all users can open the share; but no datasets appear for the afflicted user.

I'm looking for guidance in troubleshooting the issue so I can follow up with more concrete info; poking around in /var/logs hasn't helped much.

Truenas 12 Stable
Dell R720xd/R730xd 192/384gb ram
Using 10GB networking, Active Directory , Dataset encryption, and replication.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I am intermittently losing access to Encrypted datasets hosted via SMB using AD permissions.

The issue appears to be user specific, as two people with similar permissions (but via different rules in the ACL) have different behavior. Restarting the Truenas Box seems to resolve the issue for the affected user.
When the issue presents, SMB is up and all users can open the share; but no datasets appear for the afflicted user.

I'm looking for guidance in troubleshooting the issue so I can follow up with more concrete info; poking around in /var/logs hasn't helped much.

Truenas 12 Stable
Dell R720xd/R730xd 192/384gb ram
Using 10GB networking, Active Directory , Dataset encryption, and replication.
Rather than rebooting, try restarting winbindd service winbindd restart.

tripodal

Dabbler
The service restart is doing the trick, the issue is recurring every few days; so i suspect it's a bug of some kind. But without a concrete error message I don't see how I can provide useful info.
Any suggestions for where to look are welcome.