202004100424 build: Shadow Copy mapping broken + share/SMB/add advanced fields issue

malventano

Cadet
I was testing Shadow Copy via SMB on 11.2, and figured I would wrap up with an upgrade to 12 to see what broke. The update to 202004100424 was seamless, as was upgrading the existing test pool, but I noted that while snapshots were still properly appearing in the 'Previous Versions' tabs under Windows, opening either a folder or a previous version of a file always accesses the contents of the current (not previous) folders/files. Rollback of snapshots via TrueNAS functioned as expected, but snapshot mapping via SMB appears to be broken currently.
To poke the issue further, I went as far as deleting all snapshots/shares and creating a new share, adding files, making a new snapshot, changing file contents, and re-confirming that the current (wrong) version presents when opening Previous Versions via SMB.

Separately, I noted that the default page presented for adding a Samba share (share/SMB/add) does not honor the current 'Show Advanced Fields by Default' setting and always displays the basic page, requiring the user to toggle the basic/advanced button twice to get advanced options to appear. I spot-checked a few other pages and those worked correctly, so this appears limited to the just the SMB/add page.

malventano

Cadet
Just as I posted this, a new nightly (202004131513) dropped, so I retested:

- share/SMB/add still starts at basic if advanced is selected (as shown above).
- Shadow Copy access behavior is still broken but in a different way. Folders with previous versions are no longer showing, and file previous versions will either show the wrong (new) version or will error out with a permission issue when attempting to open the previous version. I retested this after clearing all snapshots / creating new snapshots and changing new files, etc.

malventano

Cadet
...it also appears that files only show one prior version even if there were multiple edits across multiple snapshots.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Thank you for testing our nightly development branch. Can you PM me a debug (System->Advanced->Save Debug)? I'll try to get the issue fixed before we hit alpha on 12.0.

Last edited: