Smart Test - Not continuing after error??

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to find information on how to run a full smart test after a failed smart tests. i'm sorry if this has been asked before, I've searched but have not found an answer. If you know this allready has been written somewhere please point me to that.

I have one read error on one of my drives after multiple smart tests. But it seams that the tests dont finish at all but stops after first fail. The long test stops after only 10% (from what i can see) and finishes alot faster than the rest of the drives. the short test stops after 50%

Code:
Self-test execution status:      ( 121) The previous self-test completed having
                                        the read element of the test failed.

Code:
SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1
Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
# 1  Extended offline    Completed: read failure       90%     36582         4187936
# 2  Short offline       Completed: read failure       50%     36571         4187936
# 3  Short offline       Completed: read failure       50%     36547         4187936
# 4  Short offline       Completed: read failure       50%     36523         4187936

Does smart test not continue after first problem?
Is a (one) read error so bad that it throws all other tests?
Would this also mean that the drive could be in much worse state than only one failed LBA read? if so why dont it report that?
Is there any way to continue to do all tests to see what exactly is going on?

The drive is a WD red 3tb drive if that helps and i'm running (latest) freenas 11.2u7.

Thank you
/Micke