Server timezone keeps resetting

Rihzy

Cadet
Whenever i'm changing the time zone of my machine to Asia/Kolkata (which is where i live) and i have a cron job that shuts it down every night but the time zone keeps resetting to america/los angeles when i save the changes and refresh the page. Any suggestions?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
May be a bug. From the Shell, try midclt call system.general.update '{"timezone": "Asia/Kolkata"}' to set your timezone.

Rihzy

Cadet
Running that command gives me an error: "[EINVAL] general_settings_update.ui_certificate: Selected certificate does not have a private key"

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Ok, that's the root of the problem. The certificate you installed doesn't have a corresponding private key. You'll need to remove the certificate, and disable HTTPS to change the time zone. Then you can generate a new CSR (which creates the private key), and send it to your favorite CA to countersign a new certificate.

@joeschmuck wasn't that an issue with your machine? Did you sort that out?

joeschmuck

Old Man
@joeschmuck wasn't that an issue with your machine? Did you sort that out?
Yes. My fix was to roll back to the U7 version, save my configuration, rolled back to U8, loaded my saved configuration and I was able to change my TZ again. Weird but thankfully I didn't have to rebuild my config file.

Rihzy

Cadet
Ok, that's the root of the problem. The certificate you installed doesn't have a corresponding private key. You'll need to remove the certificate, and disable HTTPS to change the time zone. Then you can generate a new CSR (which creates the private key), and send it to your favorite CA to countersign a new certificate.
could you explain in a bit more detail? I've just recently gotten into server software so not that advanced at it

heis2201

Dabbler
I am facing the same problem here. Has someone reported this bug? Since tzsetup has nothing to do with SSL cert, the dialog should be adapted.