'Get Started" page keeps showing up TrueNas 12.0-u6 - Keep logged in?

FanBelt

Cadet
Is there any way to keep the "Getting Started" page to go away forever when I go to TrueNas GUI page? It seems like whenever I log in to TrueNas (maybe after at least 20 minutes or so) I keep seeing that pesky "Get Started" form page. Not always. The system is working pretty good otherwise. My GUI preferences high contrast theme are always gone after every login, but that bug looks like it is being worked on.,

Also, I want the system to keep me logged in forever on GUI page - I am only user and the system is air gapped from any other outside access, so having to "log in" every time I want to check TrueNas is wasted effort, mostly. I know this is a minor thing & Firefox will store username & password, but I'm just wondering if there is a way to disable GUI login somehow. With limited mobility I need to save as many un-necessary clicks as possible.

At least it would be cool if there was a way to stay logged in to the GUI "For the next 24hrs", something like that.

It might be in the settings somewhere but I'm not finding it.

Thanks!

danb35

Hall of Famer
Also, I want the system to keep me logged in forever on GUI page
I don't believe that's possible, nor that there's a way to change the timeout. Might be worth a feature request (use the "report a bug" link at the top of the page), but don't be surprised if the devs are hesitant to do it.
Is there any way to keep the "Getting Started" page to go away forever when I go to TrueNas GUI page?
This is a known, albeit inconsistent bug (i.e., I don't see it), with -U6. I'm not sure if it's been fixed with -U6.1, or if it's waiting for -U7.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
This is a known, albeit inconsistent bug (i.e., I don't see it), with -U6. I'm not sure if it's been fixed with -U6.1, or if it's waiting for -U7.

It's not addressed in -U6.1.