Send test mail using Gmail help

pschatz100

Guru
Assuming that your network settings are correct, on your email tab, try setting the the Mail Server Port to 587 and Security to TLS(STARTTLS). Of course, you also need the correct username and password for an email account to send emails from.

This works just fine for me.

If you don't have IPv6 set up, don't worry about those comments in the earlier threads. The command nslookup smtp.gmail.com will return a line with an IPv6 reference even if you don't have it set up.

esamett

Patron

Attachments

• gmail security page.png
    gmail security page.png
    453.7 KB · Views: 168

esamett

Patron
Assuming that your network settings are correct, on your email tab, try setting the the Mail Server Port to 587 and Security to TLS(STARTTLS). Of course, you also need the correct username and password for an email account to send emails from.

This works just fine for me.

If you don't have IPv6 set up, don't worry about those comments in the earlier threads. The command nslookup smtp.gmail.com will return a line with an IPv6 reference even if you don't have it set up.
.. got it to work. I toggled less secure apps on and off again. not sure what i did but I'm happy. I didn't have to set up special freenas gmail password.
#confused-but-happy

Attachments

• gmail fail (2).png
    gmail fail (2).png
    751.4 KB · Views: 173
Last edited: