Seedbox VM not seeing TrueNAS data

Octopuss

Patron
I have an annoying problem that probably has a trivial solution, but I cannot figure it out.
I was stupid enough to encrypt the data pool, and when I'm restaring the server, another VM that has Ubuntu and qbittorrent-nox running won't see anything unless I unlock the pool first, which never happens. The trouble is, the VM doesn't see any data (all torrents have missing files) even after I unlock it. The only thing that helps is rebooting the other VM. Can anyone think of a way to do this without rebooting and ideally automatically? I assume the share on the seedbox needs to be reconnected somehow...

irTwit

Dabbler
From you description I gather the seed-box VM is able to access the storage pool, at least after unlocking the storage pool and restarting it. Either the method you are using to connect the VM to the storage or qBittorrent (which I suspect) gives up when it doesn't see the data at startup.

After you unlock the storage pool but before your restart the VM, can you access the torrent files from the VM terminal?

Octopuss

Patron
Sorry I don't understand what the 2nd part of the last sentence means.

Octopuss

Patron
It seems that Ubuntu isn't able to automatically mount a share when it becomes available again.
sudo mount -a
followed by restarting qbittorrent-nox did the trick, but I'd like to figure out an automated way...

Davvo

MVP

Octopuss

Patron
I have no idea what do you mean. Are those programs?

Davvo

MVP
Cronjobs are commands set to be run at a specific time.
Are you running the VM inside TN? Are you virtualizing TN?
If the VM is inside TN you can reboot it at startup using the API iirc.

Last edited:

Octopuss

Patron
I have virtualized TrueNAS.
Autofs (before you edited the post) looks like exactly what I'm looking for at first glance.

Davvo

MVP
I have virtualized TrueNAS.
Autofs (before you edited the post) looks like exactly what I'm looking for at first glance.
Yeah, I forgot to edit back in after adding the explaination.