Resource icon

Scripted installation of Nextcloud 28 in iocage jail 2018-03-23

victort

Guru
Ran into some weird issue with Internal Server Error after installing google storage external support. I know that there are two google integration apps, one of which warns of this behaviour, but the other one has no warning. But as I recall it was an untested app so…

I now have to reinstall including new datasets. I tried rolling back snapshots, reinstalling jail, but nothing worked. I have seen this issue in multiple other threads, but no solutions.

victort

Guru
Ran into some weird issue with Internal Server Error after installing google storage external support. I know that there are two google integration apps, one of which warns of this behaviour, but the other one has no warning. But as I recall it was an untested app so…

I now have to reinstall including new datasets. I tried rolling back snapshots, reinstalling jail, but nothing worked. I have seen this issue in multiple other threads, but no solutions.
This was definitely caused by the google external storage integration app. Tested on another instance and it messed up the server again.

Ivolve

Dabbler
Hi Danb,
I have a nextcloud installation has been giving me troubles lately. It is has been running for a while, I did the initial install with this scrip mid 2020. I would to make a fresh start with a new jail but obviously keeping my data.

Would it be possible to use this script to setup a new jail and point FILES_PATH and DB_PATH to the old locations? Or is there another better way to do this? Maybe I could also run the script and copy the data en database files into the newly created paths?

Also I seem to remember that it initially installed with mysql. The nextcloud config file also states 'dbtype' => 'mysql'. Does this have impact on reinstalling via the script?

Ivolve

Dabbler
Additionally I can see now that the script has the following options: DB_PATH, FILES_PATH, CONFIG_PATH, THEMES_PATH and PORTS_PATH.
I didn't have that back then. I just have a database and files dataset. These are 2 seperate because I have the database on SSD's. Would it be OK to just let the script create the others or do I need to copy data from my old installation in there?

danb35

Hall of Famer
All of those paths are optional; if they aren't set, they'll default to ${POOL_PATH}/nextcloud/{db|files|config|themes}, and ports isn't currently used anyway. If you want to re-run the script over the top of your existing data, you'll need to move the config file out of the jail and put it somewhere, either in the default CONFIG_PATH or in a different path that you'll specify that way. You don't need to copy themes unless you've done something custom with the themes; you don't need to do anything with the ports.

Ivolve

Dabbler
Thanks for the help so far. I have been trying to get it working but I am not succesfull (yet). Thought I'd write down my findings to help others that might try this.

First I ran the script and ended up with a new installation. This was because I set /Vault/Nextclouddata instead of /mnt/Vault/Nextclouddata.

I set the config file right and re-ran the script but I'm getting the following message:
JAIL_INTERFACES not set, defaulting to: vnet0:bridge0
Existing Nextcloud config detected... Checking Database compatibility for reinstall
ls: /mnt/JAILS_SSD/NextcloudDatabase/mariadb: No such file or directory
ERROR: You can not reinstall without the previous database
Please try again after removing your config files or using the same database used previously

Command exit status: 1
Script done on Sun Mar 13 19:01:33 2022
As mentioned in the earlier post I seem to remeber the initial setup was done with mysql. I checked it using mysql -V, it appears that I was wrong. The output was:
mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.3.21-MariaDB, for FreeBSD11.3 (amd64) using readline 5.1

From the log I see the script checks is /mnt/JAILS_SSD/NextcloudDatabase/mariadb exists. This is not the case but there is a /mnt/JAILS_SSD/NextcloudDatabase/mysql.

I took a snapshot and renamed the database folder. Re-ran the script but still no luck. Please check the last part of the log file.
No default gateway found for ipv6.
* Starting nextcloud2
+ Started OK
+ Using devfs_ruleset: 1000 (iocage generated default)
+ Configuring VNET OK
+ Using IP options: vnet
+ Starting services OK
+ Executing poststart OK
Reinstall detected, skipping generation of new config and database
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'nextcloud'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:87
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1519): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1041): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getWrappedConnection()
#2 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(237): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeQuery('SELECT * FROM `...', Array, Array, NULL)
#3 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Query/QueryBuilder.php(345): OC\DB\Connection->executeQuery('SELECT * FROM `...', Array, Array)
#4 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(287): Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder->execute()
#5 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(344): OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder->execute()
#6 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(109): OC\AppConfig->loadConfigValues()
#7 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(300): OC\AppConfig->getApps()
#8 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php(972): OC\AppConfig->getValues(false, 'installed_versi...')
#9 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(692): OC_App::getAppVersions()
#10 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(160): OC\Server->OC\{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#11 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#12 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(127): Pimple\Container->offsetGet('OC\\Memcache\\Fac...')
#13 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('OC\\Memcache\\Fac...', false)
#14 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(56): OC\ServerContainer->query('OC\\Memcache\\Fac...')
#15 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(182): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get('OC\\Memcache\\Fac...')
#16 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(160): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#17 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(114): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#18 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(127): Pimple\Container->offsetGet('OCP\\ICacheFacto...')
#19 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('OCP\\ICacheFacto...', false)
#20 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(56): OC\ServerContainer->query('OCP\\ICacheFacto...')
#21 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1079): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get('OCP\\ICacheFacto...')
#22 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(160): OC\Server->OC\{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#23 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#24 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(127): Pimple\Container->offsetGet('OCP\\Lock\\ILocki...')
#25 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('OCP\\Lock\\ILocki...', false)
#26 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(56): OC\ServerContainer->query('OCP\\Lock\\ILocki...')
#27 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(2040): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get('OCP\\Lock\\ILocki...')
#28 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php(118): OC\Server->getLockingProvider()
#29 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(439): OC\Files\View->__construct()
#30 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(160): OC\Server->OC\{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#31 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#32 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(127): Pimple\Container->offsetGet('OC\\Files\\Node\\H...')
#33 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('OC\\Files\\Node\\H...', false)
#34 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(56): OC\ServerContainer->query('OC\\Files\\Node\\H...')
#35 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1403): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get('OC\\Files\\Node\\H...')
#36 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(594): OC\Server->boot()
#37 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1087): OC::init()
#38 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/cron.php(43): require_once('/usr/local/www/...')
#39 {main}
Command: su -m www -c php -f /usr/local/www/nextcloud/cron.php failed!
Successfully removed mount from nextcloud2's fstab
Installation complete!
Using your web browser, go to https://kluis.duckdns.org to log in
You did a reinstall, please use your old database and account credentials

You have obtained your Let's Encrypt certificate using the staging server.
This certificate will not be trusted by your browser and will cause SSL errors
when you connect. Once you've verified that everything else is working
correctly, you should issue a trusted certificate. To do this, run:
iocage exec nextcloud2 /root/remove-staging.sh

Command exit status: 0
Script done on Sun Mar 13 19:38:54 2022
It looks like there is a problem with the database credentials. I'm pretty sure that I set the config.php file of the old installation in the config directiory. Is there something I might be missing?

Last edited:

Ivolve

Dabbler
I figured that the system might not like me renaming the database directory. I rolled back the snapshots of the data and database folder at had another look at it.

From the log I see the script checks is /mnt/JAILS_SSD/NextcloudDatabase/mariadb exists. This is not the case but there is a /mnt/JAILS_SSD/NextcloudDatabase/mysql. My guess is that this is an error in the script. At line 177 it checks

if [ "$(ls -A "${DB_PATH}/${DATABASE}")" ]; then
DATABASE is value mariadb. But in 257 it creates the folder not with DATABASE

mkdir -p "${DB_PATH}"/"${DATABASE}"

I figured that the script might have changes over the years. So i changed the script at line 177 to:
if [ "$(ls -A "${DB_PATH}/"mysql/)" ]; then

Now tried running the script again. But unfortunately I am seeing the same results. :(

* Starting nextcloud2
+ Started OK
+ Configuring VNET OK
+ Starting services OK
+ Executing poststart OK
Reinstall detected, skipping generation of new config and database
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'nextcloud'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /us r/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:87
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1519): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1041): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getWrappedConnection()
#2 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(237): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeQuery('SELECT * FROM `...', Array, Array, NULL)
#3 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Query/QueryBuilder.php(345): OC\DB\Connection->executeQuery('SELECT * FROM `...', Array, Array)
#4 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(287): Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder->execute()
#5 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(344): OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder->execute()
#6 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(109): OC\AppConfig->loadConfigValues()
#7 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(300): OC\AppConfig->getApps()
#8 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php(972): OC\AppConfig->getValues(false, 'installed_versi...')
#9 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(692): OC_App::getAppVersions()
#10 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(160): OC\Server->OC\{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#11 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#12 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(127): Pimple\Container->offsetGet('OC\\Memcache\\Fac...')
#13 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('OC\\Memcache\\Fac...', false)
#14 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(56): OC\ServerContainer->query('OC\\Memcache\\Fac...')
#15 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(182): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get('OC\\Memcache\\Fac...')
#16 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(160): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#17 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(114): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#18 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(127): Pimple\Container->offsetGet('OCP\\ICacheFacto...')
#19 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('OCP\\ICacheFacto...', false)
#20 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(56): OC\ServerContainer->query('OCP\\ICacheFacto...')
#21 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1079): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get('OCP\\ICacheFacto...')
#22 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(160): OC\Server->OC\{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#23 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#24 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(127): Pimple\Container->offsetGet('OCP\\Lock\\ILocki...')
#25 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('OCP\\Lock\\ILocki...', false)
#26 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(56): OC\ServerContainer->query('OCP\\Lock\\ILocki...')
#27 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(2040): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get('OCP\\Lock\\ILocki...')
#28 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/View.php(118): OC\Server->getLockingProvider()
#29 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(439): OC\Files\View->__construct()
#30 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(160): OC\Server->OC\{closure}(Object(OC\Server))
#31 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(118): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->OC\AppFramework\Utility\{closure}(Object(Pimple\Container))
#32 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(127): Pimple\Container->offsetGet('OC\\Files\\Node\\H...')
#33 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php(136): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query('OC\\Files\\Node\\H...', false)
#34 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php(56): OC\ServerContainer->query('OC\\Files\\Node\\H...')
#35 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Server.php(1403): OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->get('OC\\Files\\Node\\H...')
#36 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(594): OC\Server->boot()
#37 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php(1087): OC::init()
#38 /usr/local/www/nextcloud/cron.php(43): require_once('/usr/local/www/...')
#39 {main}
Successfully removed mount from nextcloud2's fstab
Installation complete!
Using your web browser, go to https://kluis.duckdns.org to log in
You did a reinstall, please use your old database and account credentials

when you connect. Once you've verified that everything else is working
correctly, you should issue a trusted certificate. To do this, run:
iocage exec nextcloud2 /root/remove-staging.sh

I notices that the last few lines seem to refer to cron. One of the reasons why I wanted to reinstall was because the old jail was throwing errors on the cron jobs. Might be related but I have no idea what the problem is.

******** EDIT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE *******
Changing the scrip was wrong. My sql data set contained 3 folders; mysql, nextcloud and performance_schema + a couple of random files. The script was expecting a folder named 'mariadb'. So all I had to do was create a folder named mariadb and move the 3 folders + files into that folder. Now I have the database running in the new jail.

Last edited:

gt2416

Patron
Thanks for the script ! I've had to recreate my Nextcloud jail. It was previously using php7 something on nextcloud 22. After I used your script to install nextcloud 23 with php80, smb no longer works. I am not sure why. The logs show

Code:
Warning    no app in context    Icewind\SMB\Exception\Exception: Unknown error (60) for /   
2022-03-22T13:53:46+0400
Warning    no app in context    External storage not available: Unknown error (60) for /   
2022-03-22T13:53:46+0400

A bit of googling tells me that php80-smbclient should be installed (on ubuntu). However, I see that only php80-pecl-smbclient is available (is it the same).
Does anyone know how to get smb working ?

gt2416

Patron
Thanks, but it is already installed.
hm, and the files_external app is installed and active? What does su -m www -c 'php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ files_external:verify' say?

gt2416

Patron
hm, and the files_external app is installed and active? What does su -m www -c 'php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ files_external:verify' say?

When I run that command with I get
Code:
files_external:verify 11

- code: 1

NVM: Fixed it by reinstalling the files_external app. After your comment I realized that none of my installed apps were showing up, onlyoffice, talk etc. I dont know why. I reinstalled them all and everything seems to be peachy now. I did a test jail before I replaced my main one usin the script and everything worked fine. Oh well.
Thanks !

Last edited:
Nice! Glad I could help.

weingeist

Dabbler
Has anyone else seen the strange issue of the APCu error? It already happens during the installation process (towards the end of the script, exactly at the occ set memcache.local command, and for all following occ commands until the end of the script. Nextcloud works more or less after the installation, except for cron (same error message) or anything that is done with the occ command.

Install log extract:
Code:
The current PHP memory limit is below the recommended value of 512MB.
System config value log_type set to string file
System config value logfile set to string /var/log/nextcloud/nextcloud.log
System config value loglevel set to string 2
System config value logrotate_size set to string 104847600
System config value memcache.local set to string \OC\Memcache\APCu
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
OCP\HintException: [0]: Memcache \OC\Memcache\APCu not available for local cache (Is the matching PHP module installed and enabled?)
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set redis host --value="/var/run/redis/redis.sock" failed!
OCP\HintException: [0]: Memcache \OC\Memcache\APCu not available for local cache (Is the matching PHP module installed and enabled?)
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set redis port --value=0 --type=integer failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set memcache.distributed --value="\OC\Memcache\Redis" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set memcache.locking --value="\OC\Memcache\Redis" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set overwritehost --value="myhostname.net" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set overwrite.cli.url --value="http://myhostname.net" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set overwriteprotocol --value="http" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set htaccess.RewriteBase --value="/" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:update:htaccess failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set trusted_domains 1 --value="myhostname.net" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set trusted_domains 2 --value="192.168.0.251" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ background:cron failed!

crontab: /mnt/includes/www-crontab: Permission denied
Command: crontab /mnt/includes/www-crontab failed!
Successfully removed mount from nextcloud_23's fstab
Installation complete!

My config file looks as follows:
Code:
JAIL_IP="192.168.0.251"
DEFAULT_GW_IP="192.168.0.1"
VNET="on"
POOL_PATH="/mnt/vol0/sysdata/"
JAIL_NAME="nextcloud_23"
TIME_ZONE="Europe/Mycity"
HOST_NAME="myhost.net"
DATABASE="mariadb"
DB_PATH="/mnt/vol0/sysdata/nextCloudSys_23/db_nc23"
CONFIG_PATH="/mnt/vol0/sysdata/nextCloudSys_23/config_nc23"
THEMES_PATH="/mnt/vol0/sysdata/nextCloudSys_23/themes_nc23"
FILES_PATH="/mnt/vol0/sysdata/nextCloudSys_23/files_nc23"
NO_CERT=1
RELEASE="12.2-RELEASE"
NEXTCLOUD_VERSION=23

This is pretty much copy paste from the currently active Nextcloud jail (version 18), which for different reasons I want to rebuild. It sits behind a reverse-proxy, therefore NO_CERT=1 and myhost.net does not point to the nextcloud jail, but the reverse proxy jail (problem?). As said, it worked before like that.

gt2416

Patron
Has anyone else seen the strange issue of the APCu error? It already happens during the installation process (towards the end of the script, exactly at the occ set memcache.local command, and for all following occ commands until the end of the script. Nextcloud works more or less after the installation, except for cron (same error message) or anything that is done with the occ command.

Install log extract:
Code:
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set redis host --value="/var/run/redis/redis.sock" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set redis port --value=0 --type=integer failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set memcache.distributed --value="\OC\Memcache\Redis" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set memcache.locking --value="\OC\Memcache\Redis" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set overwritehost --value="myhostname.net" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set overwrite.cli.url --value="http://myhostname.net" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set overwriteprotocol --value="http" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set htaccess.RewriteBase --value="/" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:update:htaccess failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set trusted_domains 1 --value="myhostname.net" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ config:system:set trusted_domains 2 --value="192.168.0.251" failed!
Command: su -m www -c php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ background:cron failed!

crontab: /mnt/includes/www-crontab: Permission denied
Command: crontab /mnt/includes/www-crontab failed!
Successfully removed mount from nextcloud_23's fstab
Installation complete!

My config file looks as follows:
Code:
JAIL_IP="192.168.0.251"
DEFAULT_GW_IP="192.168.0.1"
VNET="on"
POOL_PATH="/mnt/vol0/sysdata/"
JAIL_NAME="nextcloud_23"
TIME_ZONE="Europe/Mycity"
HOST_NAME="myhost.net"
DATABASE="mariadb"
DB_PATH="/mnt/vol0/sysdata/nextCloudSys_23/db_nc23"
CONFIG_PATH="/mnt/vol0/sysdata/nextCloudSys_23/config_nc23"
THEMES_PATH="/mnt/vol0/sysdata/nextCloudSys_23/themes_nc23"
FILES_PATH="/mnt/vol0/sysdata/nextCloudSys_23/files_nc23"
NO_CERT=1
RELEASE="12.2-RELEASE"
NEXTCLOUD_VERSION=23

This is pretty much copy paste from the currently active Nextcloud jail (version 18), which for different reasons I want to rebuild. It sits behind a reverse-proxy, therefore NO_CERT=1 and myhost.net does not point to the nextcloud jail, but the reverse proxy jail (problem?). As said, it worked before like that.

Inside the jail can you make sure php80-pecl-APCu and redis is installed ? You can also start redis manually. Then restart php-fpm and re run the failed commands.

weingeist

Dabbler
Thank you gt2416 for looking into this.

In the install log, I find the following entries:
Code:
--
This file has been added to automatically load the installed extension:
/usr/local/etc/php/ext-20-exif.ini
  - php80-pecl-APCu...
=====
Message from php80-pecl-APCu-5.1.21:

--
/usr/local/etc/php/ext-20-apcu.ini
  - php80-pecl-memcache...
=====
Message from php80-pecl-memcache-8.0:

--
/usr/local/etc/php/ext-30-memcache.ini
  - php80-pecl-redis...
=====
Message from php80-pecl-redis-5.3.5:

--
/usr/local/etc/php/ext-30-redis.ini
  - php80-pecl-imagick... 

Is this good enough to confirm the installation, or what would I need to check? They are indeed in /usr/local/etc/php:
Code:
root@nextcloud_23:/ # ll  /usr/local/etc/php/
total 19
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  26 Feb  3 13:32 ext-10-opcache.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  21 Feb  3 11:37 ext-18-session.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Feb  4 04:26 ext-20-apcu.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  20 Feb  3 02:41 ext-20-bcmath.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  4 07:28 ext-20-bz2.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  19 Feb  3 02:57 ext-20-ctype.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Feb  3 14:01 ext-20-curl.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  3 02:41 ext-20-dom.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Feb  3 18:21 ext-20-exif.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  22 Feb  4 03:31 ext-20-fileinfo.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  20 Feb  3 17:22 ext-20-filter.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  4 19:42 ext-20-ftp.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  16 Mar 12 02:31 ext-20-gd.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  3 20:20 ext-20-gmp.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  19 Feb  3 13:44 ext-20-iconv.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  21 Mar 13 18:50 ext-20-imagick.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Feb  3 13:44 ext-20-intl.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Mar  1 02:37 ext-20-ldap.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  22 Feb  3 13:26 ext-20-mbstring.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  20 Feb  3 02:40 ext-20-mysqli.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  21 Feb  3 14:53 ext-20-openssl.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  19 Feb  4 03:37 ext-20-pcntl.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  3 12:52 ext-20-pdo.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Feb  4 06:42 ext-20-phar.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  19 Feb  3 13:28 ext-20-posix.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  23 Feb  3 13:35 ext-20-simplexml.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  23 Mar 12 16:35 ext-20-smbclient.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  3 02:39 ext-20-xml.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  23 Feb  3 20:09 ext-20-xmlwriter.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  3 19:57 ext-20-zip.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Feb  3 02:39 ext-20-zlib.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Feb  3 13:57 ext-30-imap.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  22 Feb  3 14:43 ext-30-memcache.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  23 Feb  3 13:40 ext-30-pdo_mysql.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  19 Feb  6 13:57 ext-30-redis.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  23 Feb  4 07:10 ext-30-xmlreader.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  3 20:03 ext-30-xsl.ini
root@nextcloud_23:/ #

Redis seems to be running, without any action from myself. But when checking with cron.php, the error still occurs. Also restarting redis and php-fpm does not change anything:
Code:
root@nextcloud_23:/usr/local/www/nextcloud # service redis status
redis is running as pid 53816.
root@nextcloud_23:/usr/local/www/nextcloud # sudo -u www /usr/local/bin/php cron.php

root@nextcloud_23:/usr/local/www/nextcloud # service redis restart
Stopping redis.
Waiting for PIDS: 53816.
Starting redis.
root@nextcloud_23:/usr/local/www/nextcloud # service php-fpm restart
Performing sanity check on php-fpm configuration:
[24-Mar-2022 13:59:44] NOTICE: configuration file /usr/local/etc/php-fpm.conf test is successful

Stopping php_fpm.
Waiting for PIDS: 53820.
[24-Mar-2022 13:59:44] NOTICE: configuration file /usr/local/etc/php-fpm.conf test is successful

Starting php_fpm.

root@nextcloud_23:/usr/local/www/nextcloud # sudo -u www /usr/local/bin/php cron.php

Are there any global jail settings, that could be wrong? Or some other host requirement that is not fullfilled? Because the error happens before I even have a chance to screw it up (except for the config file).

Thank you gt2416 for looking into this.

In the install log, I find the following entries:
Code:
--
/usr/local/etc/php/ext-20-exif.ini
  - php80-pecl-APCu...
=====
Message from php80-pecl-APCu-5.1.21:

--
/usr/local/etc/php/ext-20-apcu.ini
  - php80-pecl-memcache...
=====
Message from php80-pecl-memcache-8.0:

--
/usr/local/etc/php/ext-30-memcache.ini
  - php80-pecl-redis...
=====
Message from php80-pecl-redis-5.3.5:

--
/usr/local/etc/php/ext-30-redis.ini
  - php80-pecl-imagick... 

Is this good enough to confirm the installation, or what would I need to check? They are indeed in /usr/local/etc/php:
Code:
root@nextcloud_23:/ # ll  /usr/local/etc/php/
total 19
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  26 Feb  3 13:32 ext-10-opcache.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  21 Feb  3 11:37 ext-18-session.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Feb  4 04:26 ext-20-apcu.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  20 Feb  3 02:41 ext-20-bcmath.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  4 07:28 ext-20-bz2.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  19 Feb  3 02:57 ext-20-ctype.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Feb  3 14:01 ext-20-curl.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  3 02:41 ext-20-dom.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Feb  3 18:21 ext-20-exif.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  22 Feb  4 03:31 ext-20-fileinfo.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  20 Feb  3 17:22 ext-20-filter.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  4 19:42 ext-20-ftp.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  16 Mar 12 02:31 ext-20-gd.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  3 20:20 ext-20-gmp.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  19 Feb  3 13:44 ext-20-iconv.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  21 Mar 13 18:50 ext-20-imagick.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Feb  3 13:44 ext-20-intl.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Mar  1 02:37 ext-20-ldap.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  22 Feb  3 13:26 ext-20-mbstring.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  20 Feb  3 02:40 ext-20-mysqli.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  21 Feb  3 14:53 ext-20-openssl.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  19 Feb  4 03:37 ext-20-pcntl.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  3 12:52 ext-20-pdo.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Feb  4 06:42 ext-20-phar.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  19 Feb  3 13:28 ext-20-posix.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  23 Feb  3 13:35 ext-20-simplexml.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  23 Mar 12 16:35 ext-20-smbclient.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  3 02:39 ext-20-xml.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  23 Feb  3 20:09 ext-20-xmlwriter.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  3 19:57 ext-20-zip.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Feb  3 02:39 ext-20-zlib.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  18 Feb  3 13:57 ext-30-imap.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  22 Feb  3 14:43 ext-30-memcache.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  23 Feb  3 13:40 ext-30-pdo_mysql.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  19 Feb  6 13:57 ext-30-redis.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  23 Feb  4 07:10 ext-30-xmlreader.ini
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  17 Feb  3 20:03 ext-30-xsl.ini
root@nextcloud_23:/ #

Redis seems to be running, without any action from myself. But when checking with cron.php, the error still occurs. Also restarting redis and php-fpm does not change anything:
Code:
root@nextcloud_23:/usr/local/www/nextcloud # service redis status
redis is running as pid 53816.

root@nextcloud_23:/usr/local/www/nextcloud # service redis restart
Stopping redis.
Waiting for PIDS: 53816.
Starting redis.
root@nextcloud_23:/usr/local/www/nextcloud # service php-fpm restart

Stopping php_fpm.
Waiting for PIDS: 53820.

Starting php_fpm.

Are there any global jail settings, that could be wrong? Or some other host requirement that is not fullfilled? Because the error happens before I even have a chance to screw it up (except for the config file).
I doesn't look like a config failure. I would destroy this jail, maybe make another git clone and re-run the script. (Keep your config file)

weingeist

Dabbler
The last time, I just cleaned out the datasets (db, config, files, themes) from a previous run of the script (already for Nextcloud 23). I ran
Code:
cd /mnt/vol0/sysdata/nextcloudsys_23
rm -rf *_nc23/*
rm -rf *_nc23/.*

To be sure this time, I destroyed everything and created all datasets from scratch and downloaded the script again.

Identical error, at the exact same place:

Code:

Could the names of the datasets be problematic? They are called db_23, etc, instead of db as instructed on GitHub. But browsing through the script, I don't see any issue with that.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Are you sure you're running the most current version of my script? Because if I set up a clean TN CORE 12.0-U8 test VM (with only 8 GB of RAM, so if it was going to see any memory-related errors, they should show up here), pull the current version of my script, and run it, the end of the output looks like this (i.e., perfectly normal):
Code:
  + Started OK
  + Configuring VNET OK
  + Starting services OK
  + Executing poststart OK
Nextcloud was successfully installed
System config value mysql.utf8mb4 set to boolean true
Check indices of the share table.
Check indices of the filecache table.
Check indices of the twofactor_providers table.
Check indices of the login_flow_v2 table.
Check indices of the whats_new table.
Check indices of the cards table.
Check indices of the cards_properties table.
Check indices of the calendarobjects_props table.
Check indices of the schedulingobjects table.
Check indices of the oc_properties table.
Check indices of the oc_jobs table.
Done.
All tables already up to date!
System config value logtimezone set to string America/New_York
System config value default_phone_region set to string US
System config value redis => host set to string /var/run/redis/redis.sock
System config value redis => port set to integer 0
System config value memcache.distributed set to string \OC\Memcache\Redis
System config value memcache.locking set to string \OC\Memcache\Redis
System config value overwritehost set to string cloud2.$DOMAIN
System config value overwrite.cli.url set to string https://cloud2.$DOMAIN/
System config value overwriteprotocol set to string https
System config value htaccess.RewriteBase set to string /
.htaccess has been updated
System config value trusted_domains => 1 set to string cloud2.$DOMAIN
System config value trusted_domains => 2 set to string 192.168.1.24
Set mode for background jobs to 'cron'
Successfully removed mount from nextcloud's fstab
Installation complete!
Using your web browser, go to https://cloud2.$DOMAIN to log in
Default user is admin, password is (redacted)

Database Information
--------------------
Database user = nextcloud
Database password = (redacted)
The MariaDB root password is (redacted)

All passwords are saved in /root/nextcloud_db_password.txt

when you connect.  Once you've verified that everything else is working
correctly, you should issue a trusted certificate.  To do this, run:
  iocage exec nextcloud /root/remove-staging.sh

...I'm able to run the cron command without errors from inside the jail:
Code:
root@nextcloud:~ # su -m www -c '/usr/local/bin/php -f /usr/local/www/nextcloud/cron.php'
root@nextcloud:~ #

I'm able to run the occ command without errors:
Code:
root@nextcloud:/usr/local/www/nextcloud # sudo -u www php occ status
  - installed: true
  - version: 23.0.3.2
  - versionstring: 23.0.3
  - edition:
  - maintenance: false
  - needsDbUpgrade: false
  - productname: Nextcloud
  - extendedSupport: false

I'm able to log in to the system, and the admin overview shows no errors except the expected warning about HSTS:
1648146971572.png

Kind of hard to figure out what's going on when I can't duplicate it.