Resource icon

Scripted installation of Nextcloud 28 in iocage jail 2018-03-23

matteob86

Explorer
i am trying to follow the directions for the script but when i run git clone .... i get this error

View attachment 54576
i get the files from https://github.com/danb35/freenas-iocage-nextcloud and download on /mnt/home/Documents
First, any support requests for my script are better on the discussion thread for that resource. DONE

Second, it's much better to post text copy/paste (in code tags when appropriate, as it would be here) than screen shots. ok

Third, I'm going to guess that you're downloading to a location with Windows ACLs, and it seems that git has problems with those. is a SMB folder. i have to let it GENERIC? this is the path

/mnt/home/NextCloud

another question

i have opened port 80 for ftp. how can open again for nextcloud?

danb35

Hall of Famer

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
The script installed and configured a complete Nextcloud jail.

matteob86

Explorer
since I installed the NextCloud script Deluge it doesn't work anymore, is this normal? do i have to set something?

Last edited:

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
since I installed the Deluge script it doesn't work anymore
You installed Nextcloud with @danb35's script?
It did work?
It does not work now?
What on earth is "the Deluge script"?
What precisely did you do to "install the Deluge script"?

You will have to provide some more information about your problem if you expect someone here to help.

matteob86

Explorer
same torrent, one download with Deluge - fixed- , the other with utorrent.
1649526085848.png

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
What the heck is Deluge? What does not work? In which way is this problem connected to Nextcloud? What error message do you get? For chrissake, do you think I have a crystal ball?

danb35

Hall of Famer

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
And the torrent download relates to "Scripted Installation of Nextcloud" how? Shouldn't you open a new thread - if this is in any way TrueNAS related, which I don't know, because you so far refused to tell me what this Deluge thing does and how that relates to TrueNAS.

matteob86

Explorer
Deluge is a Truenas torrent plugin. I wrote in this thread becaus the issue is appear after nextcloud installation

danb35

Hall of Famer
Matteo, I'm sorry, but you're doing a very poor job of asking questions, at least if you want us to understand what's going. And I continue to think that "anywhere but this thread" would be a better place for your questions, but I could be wrong there.

The best I can understand (and guess) from your very fragmented questions is that you're running a TrueNAS box, you'd installed Deluge (how?), it was working, including downloading stuff, and then after you installed Nextcloud using my script Deluge stopped downloading. Is that right? You can reach the Deluge UI, but it doesn't download anything.

If that's the case, I still think this isn't the place for it--my script doesn't do anything to the configuration of any other jails, and if you can reach the UI for Deluge, that would have to indicate that the network configuration for that jail is still fine.

matteob86

Explorer
that's exactly what happened to me. anyway I apologize if I wrote here but I thought it was the best place since the problem happened after using the script - probably at this point it was just a coincidence.

matteob86

Explorer
i read the scrips instructions again and i noticed this paragraph:

Cloudflare provides DNS hosting at no cost, and it's well-supported by Caddy. Cloudflare also provides Dynamic DNS service, if your desired Dynamic DNS client supports their API. If it doesn't, DNS-O-Matic is a Dynamic DNS provider that will interface with many DNS hosts including Cloudflare, has a much simpler API that's more widely supported, and is also free of charge.

i have an host on no-ip.com. okay anyway? i tryied to undertand cloudflare with no results.... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

i get this error

go: downloading github.com/golang/groupcache v0.0.0-20210331224755-41bb18bfe9da
2022/04/12 20:37:46 [INFO] exec (timeout=0s): /usr/local/bin/go build -o /usr/local/bin/caddy -ldflags -w -s -trimpath
# github.com/lucas-clemente/quic-go/internal/qtls
/root/go/pkg/mod/github.com/lucas-clemente/quic-go@v0.23.0/internal/qtls/go118.go:5:13: cannot use "quic-go doesn't build on Go 1.18 yet." (untyped string constant) as int value in variable declaration
2022/04/12 20:38:54 [INFO] Cleaning up temporary folder: /tmp/buildenv_2022-04-12-2020.709421217
2022/04/12 20:38:54 [FATAL] exit status 2
Command: xcaddy build --output /usr/local/bin/caddy failed!
Failed to build Caddy without plugin, terminating.

how to resolve?

Last edited:

Voithos

Cadet
Ok, I think this might have something to do with my problem:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/my>
Command: mysql -e CREATE DATABASE nextcloud; failed!
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/my>
Command: mysql -e GRANT ALL ON nextcloud.* TO nextcloud@localhost IDENTIFIED BY>
Command: mysql -e DELETE FROM mysql.user WHERE User=''; failed!
Command: mysql -e DELETE FROM mysql.user WHERE User='root' AND Host NOT IN ('lo>
Command: mysql -e DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS test; failed!
Command: mysql -e DELETE FROM mysql.db WHERE Db='test' OR Db='test\_%'; failed!
^Gmysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2>
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' exists!

I don't know, I don't see anything else that seems broken, though it might be just my limited knowledge.

BTW: in the config file before installing, I changed NC version to 22, while the script dafaulted to 21, I don't know if that could have something to do with this problems
Did you ever figure this out? I got the same errors on TNCore 12 with NC23

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Looks like your MySQL database is not running. What does service mysql-server status say? There will be a logfile: /var/db/mysql/*.err that should give you a hint why it's not starting.

danb35

Hall of Famer
i have an host on no-ip.com. okay anyway?
If you're going to open ports 80/443 to your Nextcloud jail, your DNS host doesn't matter, as Caddy doesn't need to interact with it to get a cert.

/root/go/pkg/mod/github.com/lucas-clemente/quic-go@v0.23.0/internal/qtls/go118.go:5:13: cannot use "quic-go doesn't build on Go 1.18 yet."
This probably needs to be addressed in the script, but it's going to be a temporary thing.