SCALE 21.08-BETA.1 Released!

Kailee71

Contributor
Just out of interest - why does SCALE use ganesha and not kernel-nfs? Please disregard... Probably GlusterFS?!

Last edited:

darkmode

Dabbler
It's still a valid question if ganesha is used. I decided to hold off on SCALE for the moment. Can't take that performance penalty.

Kailee71

Contributor
Hm. Between that and no LXC vms I'm holding off also...

flatline69

Dabbler
I’m on the alpha/beta nightlies for about two months. Now that the 21.08-BETA.1 has been released, is there anyway to stay on a stable beta and not have constant updates or is this just part of the beta process I can’t avoid? There’s no option I can see in the updates section other that to untick ‘check for updates daily etc’ box.

I didn't see any specific answers to this in this thread. I'm on TrueNAS-SCALE-21.06-MASTER-20210627-112919 and I'm guessing I'll have to do a rebuild and re import of my pools or can I upgrade via the UI? I did a generic search but nothing definitive to me.

horizonbrave

Explorer
As a side-note, clustering on SCALE is expected to be exclusively managed via TrueCommand for now. The usual disclaimer applies but if you do things via the CLI then expect stuff to be broken. Especially if making manual changes to the glusterd service since that's just 1 of the puzzle pieces in the clustering API :smile:
I'd love to see a tutorial on how create a cluster and maintain it. I've got a bit confused along the way between Samba Clustered (mentioned lately in a blog post, Gluster FS and Ceph. I want something easy to deploy and supported in the UI. For me a cluster means having 3 storage nodes of redundancy able to still work in case of a machine going now. I'd hate to have to use Synology High Availability solution (not versatile but pretty easy to setup). As you can tell I'm not a veteran admin but I'd still see advantages in using a cluster architecture (+backup) VS backups only.
I'd rather start a thread about this because I'm sure not to be the only one in this situation.. but waiting to see your first responses first.

Thanks a lot

sretalla