Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

SABnzbd won't start after upgrade

Western Digital Drives - The Preferred Drives of FreeNAS and TrueNAS CORE

ChiknNutz

I am on 11.2-U8 and just upgraded SAB to the latest, I think it's 3.0 or so. It's been working fine until now. I am unable to see it in a webpage at the web address it has been working on, though FreeNAS reports it as being up and running. I have also noted it will not start from the Jail Shell, so something got hosed during the process.

Code:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sabnzbd: WARNING: failed to start sabnzbd

The jail was first created as 11.3-release-p6 quite some time ago. It is not a plugin, but a jail. I have of course stopped, restarted and ultimately restarted the FreeNAS box.

Last edited:

ChiknNutz

I have been researching this and seems there may be a compatibility issue with Python. Could this be the issue?

As of version 3, SABnzbd only supports Python 3.5 or higher. Python 2 is no longer supported.
For more info see: Python 3 - SABnzbd 3.0.0

ChiknNutz

Anybody?

sretalla

Dedicated Sage
If you console into the jail and do pkg upgrade (you need to agree to ignore the bad OS version and agree to upgrade pkg itself too), do you see the installation of python 3.x proposed?

ChiknNutz

No, it doesn't list the python version at all, just says they are all up to date.

sretalla

Dedicated Sage
What install guide did you use to stand it up?

I followed something like this one (although I will fairly say that it was not this one... I can't find the one I used):

OK, I found it, it's under the unsupported spoiler list:

When I came to update it yesterday, it just proposed installing Python3 as part of the pkg upgrade.

Your best bet may be to install a fresh jail.

Last edited: