WARNING: failed to start sabnzbd

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencerisadog

Dabbler
I have been running sonarr, couchpotato, and sabnzbd for years now. I was just recently updating my jail and closed my browser window. I realized I was in the middle of updating my jail and reopened it. I sat for a minute staring at the "Update / Delete" options and decided I'd click on update again. It went through the update but now my service won't start.

Code:
root@sabnzbd_1:~ # service sabnzbd onestart
Starting sabnzbd.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sabnzbd: WARNING: failed to start sabnzbd
My log file (var/db/sabnzbd/logs/sabnzbd.log) hasn't been updated since the last time I downloaded and processed a file as of about four hours ago, nor does my error log (var/db/sabnzbd/logs/sabnzbd.errors.log) have anything recent.

Any suggestions would help.

noob addendum: If deleting and reinstalling the jail is necessary, how does one backup the config for the new jail?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
If you jail is broken you can just install sabnzbd to a new jail and backup and restore your /var/db/sabnzbd folder.

spencerisadog

Dabbler
Now I'm absolutely confused because the GUI says it's not running and if I run the start command it has an error but it's working absolutely fine. I can navigate to the browser page and it downloads everything that Sonarr and Couchpotato are requesting. No idea. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Now I'm absolutely confused because the GUI says it's not running and if I run the start command it has an error but it's working absolutely fine. I can navigate to the browser page and it downloads everything that Sonarr and Couchpotato are requesting. No idea. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
The process runs and will start after being enabled in the jail. The symptom you are seeing is because the FreeNAS WebUI can not reliably connect to the plugin communication layer in the jail.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Is there something that I should do about this?
make sure you can reliably ping from your jail to other hosts on your network.
On my personal system, for networking to work I have disable VIMAGE and assign a network interface to that jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.