sabnzbd fails to start after upgrade to 9.2.1 - where can I find logs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antioch18

Explorer
Hi, folks.

I was running a plugins jail without any issue on 9.1.1 and recently upgraded to 9.2.1 after which sabnzbd fails to start. Other plugins in the same jail run fine, but sab won't start.

I'd like to try and debug this issue but I don't know where to look for the startup logs. I've checked /var/log/messages but there is nothing regarding sab in there. Where else should I be looking?

Thanks!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
assuming you're using my version of the plugin logs would be in /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/etc/sabnzbd

service sabnzbd onestart
should give some clues

Antioch18

Explorer
I looked through the logs and there was an error from the HTTP library. I figured out that sanzbd stopped working after I changed the IP address of my jail. After changing it back it started again.

I'm not sure why this plugin doesn't like it when I change the jailIP. Perhaps there is some hardcoded setting or something, but that is an investigation for another day.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I looked through the logs and there was an error from the HTTP library. I figured out that sanzbd stopped working after I changed the IP address of my jail. After changing it back it started again.

I'm not sure why this plugin doesn't like it when I change the jailIP. Perhaps there is some hardcoded setting or something, but that is an investigation for another day.

I bet python needed an IP to bind too. Somehow your jail could create an IP (not even a loopback one?) so sabnzbd was unable to start.
there isn't a hard-coded setting to a specific IP, by default sabnzbd will bind to 0.0.0.0 (all IPs available).

Status
Not open for further replies.