SABnzbd unable to move & delete completed file

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpittman

Dabbler
Been searching, reading and experimenting for 3 hours now and getting frustrated. Really didn't want to post with this question as it seems it should be easy to figure it out ... ugh.

Anyhow. I have a fresh install of FreeNAS 9.3 on a fresh built server (16gb ECC, 6x WD Red 4tb RaidZ2). I did the following:
  1. Installed SickBeard Plugin using defaults
  2. Installed SAB & CouchPotato into the same Jail (want them to have the same IP)
  3. Added Storage (/mnt/tank/Media -> /mnt)
  4. Configured the above according to the many guides online
SickBeard & CouchPotato connect to SAB to initiate downloads and SAB downloads the files successfully.

But I get the following error sometimes in SAB:
Code:
Processing failed for /var/db/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/<myfile>: Unable to delete the existing files

And get this error other times (this one more than the other):
Code:
Copying file from /var/db/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/<myfile> to /mnt/TV Series/<name>/<season>/<myfile>
Processing failed for /var/db/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/<myfile>: Unable to move the files to destination folder: /mnt/TV Series/<name>/<season>

I find it strange that sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

Permissions for /var/db/sabnzbd/Downloads/ are as follows:
Code:
# ls -ahl
total 114
drwxr-xr-x  4 media  media     4B Jun 24 20:04 .
drwxr-xr-x  5 media  media     7B Jun 24 17:26 ..
drwxrwxrwx  3 media  media     3B Jun 25 08:39 complete
drwxrwxrwx  4 media  media     4B Jun 25 08:41 incomplete

Permissions for /mnt:
Code:
drwxrwxr-x+  73 nobody  nogroup    73B Jun 25 06:06 TV Series

I suspected it is an owner/group issue, so I tried:
Code:
chown -R media:media /mnt

And this appears to fix the issues with SAB (getting "processing complete" now), however the file still does not get removed from /var/db/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete nor am I able to access that share from Windows any more.

Both of which are important, obviously. At this point my knowledge/experience with linux/freenas is depleted and I'm not sure where to proceed.

Can anyone offer me any ideas or anything to try?

If I missed any information in the post that is crucial for providing help let me know.

Thanks

Luke

Noctris

Contributor
I have noticed with my setup that if you change permissions after mounting the storage causes this stuff sometines. Could you unmount /mnt/tv shows/ from the jail ( just uncheck mounted) then set permissions on thr dataset again ( i just gave 0777 to all but do this through the ui, no chmodding) and do this recursive. The mount it again to the jail and test if now it can move.

Sent from my portable microwave

lpittman

Dabbler
Thanks for your reply.

That didn't help - however I have been doing some reading on user setups and found out how to get my share to be accessible again using the "Media" user.

Also, I realized that I was expecting SAB to delete the files from /var/db/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete, when in fact it was SickBeard that was supposed to queue that up... dug into it further and figured it out.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
can you confirm new downloads aren't being deleted from sabnzbd directory? is this for all downloads or just some, this could just be settings in Sickbeard/CouchPotato that don't tell it to clean up as you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.