Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddyo811

Cadet
I am having permission problems.

I have the following storage settings:

/mnt/tank/media/TV mapped to /var/db/sabnzbd/downloads

The user and group is media/media

This works fine. Sickrage serves the nzb and sab downloads and saves it into the directory media/TV/Showname/Season#/Episode

Now if I go into categories and set the path /mnt/tank/media/TV it doesnt work. It gives me "could not create directory or file" (i.e. having sabnzbd ignore the default directory structure and use the hardcoded one in categories)

I want to do this because right now everything out of sabnzbd is going into the TV folder so I cant use couchpotato. If I try to enter /mnt/tank/media/TV for the "TV" category and /mnt/tank/media/Movies for the "Movie" category they both fail due to "cant create..."

I have also tried changing the jail storage map to /mnt/tank/media to /var/db/sabnzbd/downloads and then setting /TV or /Movies in the category section but that doesnt work ( I assume because if you enter a path in categories in Sabnzbd it ignores some sort of permission?)

Thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
categories are relative to your download directory, not absolute paths.
I'm surprised you current setup is even working. I would not have my files download and be organize in the same folder like that.

Here's what I do.

/mnt/tank/media > /mnt/media

sabnzbd completed downloads folder = /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/complete
categories
  • tv, path=tv (which in the jail is /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/complete/tv)
  • movie, path=movie (which in the jail is /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/movie)
sickrage managed folder = /mnt/media/videos/tvshows
couchpotato managed folder = /mnt/media/videos/movies

bigdaddyo811

Cadet
I am not happy with it I agree it's a bad structure bit couldn't get anything else to work.

I have read setting permissions recursively is bad.

When you say *tv, path= etc. Where are you entering that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Sabnzbd WebUI > Config > Categories
If you google "jruehlig freenas" I documented how I configure my plugins.

it's definitely bad to change permission on operating system/application files, and doing your whole zpool recursively would do that (since jails live under that zpool)
But there's no harm in changing the permission of a single dataset with only your media files on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.