SOLVED Sabnzbd is throwing an error when post processing CouchPotato but not Sickrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louc918

Dabbler
So I followed jruehlig's excellent guide for setting up a Sickrage, Couchpotato, Transmission and Sabnzbd here:
https://www.jruehlig.com/wordpress/installation-configuration-of-freenas-plugins/

I deleted the jail and rebuilt it twice, I've double and triple checked the settings to make sure everything was done right. I had this working on a previous NAS build, but moved over to new hardware, and wanted to start from scratch to become more familiar with working with jails / plugins. Shame on me I suppose.

I can search for movies in Couchpotato with no issues, select one for download, and it's transferred to Sabnzbd just fine. It successfully downloads, but when it runs the post processing script, it fails. I've attached the output since it's quite long. Sickrage post process with no issues, so I know for the most part the script and permissions in the jail are configured correctly since I had to create a folder link between my jail and the NAS volumes. I've combed over the Couchpotato settings to ensure everything is set up as described in the guide.

Any help is appreciated, I've been banging my head against a wall on this for over a week.

Software Version: FreeNAS-9.10.2-U1 (86c7ef5)
Hardware Configuration:
Rosewill 12bay hot Swap Chassis
Dell Precision T5500 Motherboard
1x Intel Xeon E5507 @ 2.27Ghz
24GB DDR3 1333 ECC Ram\
LSI 9210-8i SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb/s Controller Card (IT Mode)
6 3TB Hitachi NAS drives in RaidZ2 (My Main NAS)
2 2TB WD RE4 Mirrored Drives (Jails + System Dataset)
4 4TB WD RE4 Mirrored Pairs (ISCSI serving my VMware ESXI boxes)
Intel GB NIC supporting NAS + Jails
Intel Dual NIC supporting ISCSI (On a separate VLAN)

Attachments

• LogOutput.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 322

Louc918

Dabbler
No-one with any ideas where to start?

Something interesting I just found out. If I download a movie from Couchpotato into the completed > movie folder, and restart the jail, it processes the movie, and moves it over to my media > movie folder.

Last edited:
I was going to venture out and try to help until I read the guide you used that uses the nzbtomedia script. I dont use it, and have no idea what it does or doesnt do. I did see Jreuhlig wrote that how to and certainly he knows what he is talking about, however, I recommend you set up categories in sab and ditch the script. I have done it this way for literally ever, and I have never had the want nor need for a post processing script because CP, SB, Sonarr, HP and many others im sure can post process on their own, probably much better. They all handle that once the media is in their "watched" folder. The trick here is to have all of this software installed in the same jail, running as the same user, who also owns your media datasets. If you would like to go this route, I can try to help. They rename, process, download trailers, subtitles, fanart, disc art, and move the files and trigger Kodi/Plex library updates when done. Too sweet not to use. Once properly configured its like a fire and forget heat seeking media missile. I figure its the same idea with the script, but if it doesnt work, then it doesnt work. The other way definitely does.

Looking over your log, it is having errors almost immediately on the log in page for CP, are you sure the API keys are right? The script is calling CP but cant authenticate it looks to me. The API key the script will want is the one from CP and not SAB. Either a password is wrong or API keys I would wager. The JSON data is returning the html page for CP or something fishy.

Louc918

Dabbler
John,

Thanks for your follow up. you were right. I was putting the Sabnzbd API key in the script config for CouchPotato. I can't believe I was so careless.

Thanks again for your help.

Absolutely my pleasure. Glad it was so easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.