SickRage unable to create the folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJFertterer

Cadet
Hi everyone, this is my first post but I have been using FreeNAS for the past few years, so be nice! ;-)

So I know this issue has come up before from what I've read the last few days on Google, SickRage forums and their GitHub, but I can't seem to get SickRage to create a new folder no matter what I do.

Error: Thread-23 :: Unable to create the folder /media/TV Shows/tvshowname, can't add the show

I've followed this guide (https://www.zufallsheld.de/2013/11/...n-couchpotato-sickbeard-dlna-server/#sickrage) making sure that all of my Jails, Jail Storage, permissions, SickRage settings are all correct, but nothing works. I will note that I'm also using CouchPotato, SABnzbd, Transmission, and Plex plugins, and those are all working without issue.

I've lost count on how many times I've nuked everything and started from scratch, but even that doesn't work. I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction on where I should be looking to get this up and running.

Below is my hardware system but let me know what else I need to post to help grasp the situation, such as logs, screenshots, etc.

Hardware:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.73GHz
8GB of memory
36GB WD Raptor - Main drive that FreeNAS is installed on
2 1TB WD HDD's (I know, I know, it's not the greatest! Changing storage config soon!)
3 Gig NIC's (One MGMT, two in LACP)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
can you show the output of "ls -l /media" when run in the jail sickrage is installed to.

TJFertterer

Cadet
Thanks for the quick reply, here you go.

total 50
drwxrwxr-x+ 6 root wheel 6 Aug 28 16:46 Downloads
drwxrwxr-x+ 16 root wheel 16 Aug 28 14:37 TV Shows
drwxrwxrwx 2 root wheel 2 Aug 28 15:28 Torrent Files

I already know that this is not correct because the SickRage dataset is set to nobody and nogroup?

Last edited:

TJFertterer

Cadet

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the quick reply, here you go.

total 50
drwxrwxr-x+ 6 root wheel 6 Aug 28 16:46 Downloads
drwxrwxr-x+ 16 root wheel 16 Aug 28 14:37 TV Shows
drwxrwxrwx 2 root wheel 2 Aug 28 15:28 Torrent Files

I already know that this is not correct because the SickRage dataset is set to nobody and nogroup?
In this case only 'root' and users in the 'wheel' group can write to the /media/Downloads folder.

The sickrage dataset permissions has nothing to do with this, don't change this or the jail will be broken. sickrage runs as the 'media' user (UID=816) so that's the user that needs write permissions.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Because the dataset is set to windows, that is why they saw that error. You will need to use a windows host to change permissions or use getfacl and setfacl.

Status
Not open for further replies.