Using SickRage & SABnzbd, post processing is a nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbyg387

Dabbler
I finally have gotten everything to play nice permissions wise, but now after the downloads complete, they go to the proper folder, but then it appears to make multiple duplicates of files. I had 8 copies of one show and it just seems to keep copying. I makes a folder for the show and that episode shows up, but then I'm left with a boatload of left files.

I guess somewhere along the way, I've lost the proper path on how to setup SickRage and/or Sab to post process.

I'm on version 9.3 Stable, utilizing a CIFS share to a windows network. I have full access to the folders and have my "Freenasuser" as the owner of the dataset, with permissions opened to everyone.

I think my issue here is that i just need to have either one or the other do post processing, but i can't seem to find the resources to accomplish this.

Any help is appreciated. -Rob

SpaceAvenger69

Dabbler
I know, in my case, post processing does take quite awhile using a shared Windows drive. I don't mind because it's one less step I have to do. I strip out all the subtitles and transcode files into MP4 format before I move them back to my server and into 'production'. If there is a faster way of processing files between computers it would be great to know.

Bobbyg387

Dabbler
The other weird thing is that the shows aren't showing in my folder, but they show up in Plex and I can play them. I go into the folder and they're nowhere to be found. This seems to be adding to my situation as I can't diagnose what's going on because they go missing.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I finally have gotten everything to play nice permissions wise, but now after the downloads complete, they go to the proper folder, but then it appears to make multiple duplicates of files. I had 8 copies of one show and it just seems to keep copying. I makes a folder for the show and that episode shows up, but then I'm left with a boatload of left files.

I guess somewhere along the way, I've lost the proper path on how to setup SickRage and/or Sab to post process.

I'm on version 9.3 Stable, utilizing a CIFS share to a windows network. I have full access to the folders and have my "Freenasuser" as the owner of the dataset, with permissions opened to everyone.

I think my issue here is that i just need to have either one or the other do post processing, but i can't seem to find the resources to accomplish this.

Any help is appreciated. -Rob
How are you trying to do post-processing, having sickrage scan a folder or having sabnzbd run a script?
Are the plugins running in the same jail?

Bobbyg387

Dabbler
I have disabled any post processing from SickRage and I'm attempting to let Sab do it. I'm pretty sure I don't have a script running though, as I couldn't find it in the folders tree.

These are running in 2 separate jails. I attempted to follow your blog, but I ran into issues while trying to do it and just went back to separate jails.

I have attached pictures of my current settings in Sab.

I have a feeling I may need to just start fresh and set this up properly...

Attachments

• Sabnzbd switches.jpg
    Sabnzbd switches.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 355
  • Sabnzbd folders.jpg
    Sabnzbd folders.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 349
  • Sabnzbd categories.jpg
    Sabnzbd categories.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 287

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
sabnzbd wont do any post-processing for you. you didn't set a post-processing scripts folder.
sabnzbd doesn't come with any scripts itself. Either point to the one sickrage comes with (which would be hard cause you're running them seperatly), or download nzbToMedia into your sabnzbd jail.

diedrichg

Wizard
I have TV sorting enabled under the Sorting menu and it all seems to work for me with SAB renaming the episodes as desired and separating them into show folders.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
ahh, I didn't know it did that.

jakeandchase

Explorer
Give Sonarr ago. I literally gave up on sick rage and used sonarr which works amazingly. (Don't use sab's renaming, let sonarr do all the work)

Bobbyg387

Dabbler
I will give that a whirl tonight. I had to give up on it for a bit. Sometimes I find that if I just take a break for a couple days and then come back, I have a better idea of what needs to be done. My next task will be to get my VPN setup in my Transmission jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.