Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

Reseller of IT-Flashed LSI-2008 cards, SAS expanders, etc.

averyfreeman

Hey,

I met this dude on ebay buying a high-profile bracket for my SLG3-2E4 and he's super nice, he's got some great stuff in his store in case anyone is looking for LSI-2008 based cards, SAS expanders, brackets for SAS cards (also fit my U.2 HBA).

I love that he went through all the trouble to flash the cards to IT for everyone ahead of time, too. That's love right there! I was pretty impressed so I thought I'd pass his info along.

ornias

Neophyte Sage
I love that he went through all the trouble to flash the cards to IT for everyone ahead of time, too.
Thats called commerce not love.
His prices are average to slightly above average, by flashing it to IT firmware he can ask more for the same card.

Not really a great deal, not a bad deal either.

averyfreeman

Thats called commerce not love.
His prices are average to slightly above average, by flashing it to IT firmware he can ask more for the same card.

Not really a great deal, not a bad deal either.
Thank you for your thoughtful analysis. It's true, people don't sell stuff to go broke.

I figured a lot of DIYers like myself might need a bracket for an LP card, though, and people who aren't so DIY might want a card that's already flashed IT. Having gone through the experience a couple times, I can attest that the documents for flashing IT are confusing, the right firmware can be difficult to find, often the card won't flash if you use one platform or another (e.g. EFI flash software vs DOS) and it's all just a rather unpleasant experience. Seems like a valuable service to me :)

Patrick M. Hausen

Dedicated Sage
As long as you are not trying to sneak in promoting your own services I am perfectly fine with that endorsement of yours. There's always a fine line to watch and we as a forum community should not let that kind of posting go rampant. But I trust the moderators' judgement and as long as you are just reporting a particularly satisfying experience with a certain seller ... go for it.

I mentioned my trustworthy suppliers here and there, too.

hescominsoon

I use the dude known as art of server myself...:)

Evertb1

Neophyte Sage
use the dude known as art of server myself...:)
I known the guy. I stumbled over his youtube channel a couple of times when I was looking for information. Like how to flash a hba to IT mode ;-)

ejn1111