Remove Link Aggregation

Duckie2112

Cadet
Greetings,

I am using Truenas Scale 23.10.1.3. I had set up Load Balancing between 2 Lan devices. I am attempting to remove the Link Aggregation. I have tried the little garbage icon on the GUI as well as directly on the server using the Configure network interfaces. On the GUI is states there is another program using the network. Directly on the server when I try to delete the interface, the screen blinks and nothing has changed.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Thanks in Advance.

-Rob

PhilD13

Patron
Did you stop all services, any apps and any VM's first? If there is a connection that may cause an issue.

Duckie2112

Cadet
I only have the plex app installed which I did stop. I turned off all serves and when I try to remove the bond I get the following error:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 201, in call_method result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1342, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service/crud_service.py", line 185, in delete return await self.middleware._call( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1342, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service/crud_service.py", line 194, in nf rv = await func(*args, **kwargs) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py", line 177, in nf return await func(*args, **kwargs) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py", line 44, in nf res = await f(*args, **kwargs) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/network.py", line 1400, in do_delete verrors.check() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py", line 70, in check raise self middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] interface.delete: Interface is in use by kubernetes

Thanks for the reply

NickF

Guru
middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] interface.delete: Interface is in use by kubernetes

The error message above does seem to indicate the issue being the applications.

Try this
  1. Stop the running application.
  2. Unset the pool in the Settings--->Unset Pool in the app page. This should get the Kubernetes service our of your way

1706852509863.png

3. Go through and re-do your networking configuration as you tried to do before
  4. Go back to the apps page and Settings--> Choose Pool and select the pool you had been using.
I think that'll get you passed the place your stuck

Duckie2112

Cadet
Thank you for your reply,

Ok I kept the first suggestion as they suggested and I tried yours, I still receive the same message is I posted above.

PhilD13

Patron
Thank you for your reply,

Ok I kept the first suggestion as they suggested and I tried yours, I still receive the same message is I posted above.
Might have to reboot after the pool is unset for it to actually take affect as removing the pool likely won't kill the already running Kubernetes service.