Release 11.2-RELEASE missing, will attempt to fetch it.

Theapplefuture

Dabbler
Hello Everybody,

Yesterday I wanted to install a Plex Plugin but it showed me the Message "Release 11.2-RELEASE missing, will attempt to fetch it." when it was at 50% of installation.
I tried to recreate this on other machines (another Hardware NAS and several VMs on my PC - all with different versions of freeNAS 11.2 (U1, U2, U3 and U4] and I always get the same message.

So I would like to know why does this appear and how do I fix this?

D

dlavigne

Does it fetch it successfully? If not, do you have a nameserver set in Network -> Global Configuration?

Theapplefuture

Dabbler
Does it fetch it successfully? If not, do you have a nameserver set in Network -> Global Configuration?
Sometimes yes sometimes no.
I haven't set a nameserver manually. But i will try.

But just for my understanding what does this have to do with a nameserver?

Redcoat

MVP

Theapplefuture

Dabbler
Okay i Unterstand the DNS Part but why do i even have to fetch it. shouldn't it be fetched by Default ?

Last edited:

Redcoat

MVP
shouldn't it be fetched by Default ?

That seems like a chicken or egg question...

For "home" use, many of us would use the IP of our router/gateway for all the gateway/name server entries. You might choose to use 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 which are Google 's public namservers also in addition to your gateway. Check with your ISP if her has any specified server.

Professional/business use could dictate the use of dedicated name servers.

Guffy

Dabbler
Have same issue here. freenas 11.2
ClamAV plugin had installed succeeded. So generally I guess plugin installing is works.
But Transmissin stucks with same message

Guffy

Dabbler
but.. after i had installed clamav i found that it looks like transmittion also is installed o_O

Akiba

Cadet
When i understood this message right it means only that the plugin download is running. Had this message when i installed nextcloud. First time i thought it was an error and cancelled it. Second time i just waited longer then the plugin installation was sucessfull. You will understand it when you reinstall the same plugin you will not get the message because the package is already downloaded an the hole process is way faster.