iocage misbehaving after upgrade to 11.2-RELEASE-U1

bernieTB

Dabbler
Hi all,

2 weeks back, I upgraded my box to 11.2-RELEASE. That seemed to work fine and to clean things up after that upgrade I reinstalled PLEX as well, this time using iocage.
All has been running fine since then until yesterday when I applied the U1 patch release (to fix the AFP security issue). After this install, the PLEX iocage was marked ad "CORRUPT".
I tried to delete it from the UI but that didn't work at all - it showed a progress popup for like half a second (impossible to read what it said) then returned to the UI with the message 'deleted' at the bottom. But the jail still showed up. So I tried deleting (destroy) via the CLI and that seemed to work. I then deleted the ZFS dataset which held the jail information.

Now I'm trying to reinstall PLEX and that's where things aren't working -> the GUI tells me "Release 11.2-RELEASE missing, will attempt to fetch it." and then sits like that for hours and hours and hours without result. When I refresh the UI, it then really gets upset and asks me to "Activate" iocage which I try to do but doesn't work either - only a reboot sets the situation straight.

I then reverted my boot to the 11.2-RELEASE (not U1) and tried again, same thing. Then I tried again and left it overnight yesterday to find it still in that spot this morning.

What I find weird, not sure if that is intended, is that my "iocage" dataset (which sits under /mnt/SSD_pool/iocage in the ZFS pool hierarchy) is mounted directly into /mnt/iocage - this could be normal but as I don't know, I'm just asking as well.

This is what my "zfs list" shows (did not include the other pools which I think are irrelevant here):

Code:
SSD_pool                                                 8.48G   205G   112K  /mnt/SSD_pool
SSD_pool/VM_data                                         3.44G   205G    88K  /mnt/SSD_pool/VM_data
SSD_pool/VM_data/RancherData                             3.44G   205G  3.15G  /mnt/SSD_pool/VM_data/RancherData
SSD_pool/WebDav                                          1.03M   205G   564K  /mnt/SSD_pool/WebDav
SSD_pool/iocage                                          4.84G   205G   100K  /mnt/iocage
SSD_pool/iocage/download                                  532M   205G    88K  /mnt/iocage/download
SSD_pool/iocage/download/11.1-RELEASE                     260M   205G   260M  /mnt/iocage/download/11.1-RELEASE
SSD_pool/iocage/download/11.2-RELEASE                     272M   205G   272M  /mnt/iocage/download/11.2-RELEASE
SSD_pool/iocage/images                                     88K   205G    88K  /mnt/iocage/images
SSD_pool/iocage/jails                                    2.42G   205G    88K  /mnt/iocage/jails
SSD_pool/iocage/jails/unifi                              2.42G   205G    96K  /mnt/iocage/jails/unifi
SSD_pool/iocage/jails/unifi/root                         2.42G   205G  3.30G  /mnt/iocage/jails/unifi/root
SSD_pool/iocage/log                                       152K   205G    92K  /mnt/iocage/log
SSD_pool/iocage/releases                                 1.90G   205G    88K  /mnt/iocage/releases
SSD_pool/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE                     973M   205G    88K  /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE
SSD_pool/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root                973M   205G   973M  /mnt/iocage/releases/11.1-RELEASE/root
SSD_pool/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE                     972M   205G    88K  /mnt/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE
SSD_pool/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root                972M   205G   972M  /mnt/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root
SSD_pool/iocage/templates                                  88K   205G    88K  /mnt/iocage/templates
freenas-boot                                             6.76G  48.9G    64K  none
freenas-boot/ROOT                                        6.72G  48.9G    29K  none
freenas-boot/ROOT/11.0-U2                                 158K  48.9G   739M  /
freenas-boot/ROOT/11.1-RELEASE                            282K  48.9G   828M  /
freenas-boot/ROOT/11.1-U4                                 395K  48.9G   838M  /
freenas-boot/ROOT/11.1-U5                                 307K  48.9G   840M  /
freenas-boot/ROOT/11.1-U6                                 434K  48.9G   840M  /
freenas-boot/ROOT/11.2-RELEASE                           5.98G  48.9G   764M  /
freenas-boot/ROOT/11.2-RELEASE-U1                         760M  48.9G   763M  /
freenas-boot/ROOT/9.10.2-U6                               137K  48.9G   638M  /
freenas-boot/ROOT/Initial-Install                           1K  48.9G   636M  legacy
freenas-boot/ROOT/Wizard-2017-07-30_12-30-44                1K  48.9G   739M  /
freenas-boot/ROOT/default                                 218K  48.9G   637M  legacy
freenas-boot/grub                                        7.03M  48.9G  7.03M  legacy

And these are my mounts (same, not all pools are included):

Code:
drwxr-xr-x   9 root  wheel   10 Dec 16 12:49 iocage
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel    5 Dec 16 12:19 md_size
drwxrwxr-x+  4 root  wheel    6 Dec 30 19:11 SSD_pool

This is my iocage setup:

Code:
iocage list
+-----+-------+-------+--------------+---------------+
| JID | NAME  | STATE |   RELEASE    |      IP4      |
+=====+=======+=======+==============+===============+
| -   | unifi | down  | 11.1-RELEASE | 172.16.10.244 |
+-----+-------+-------+--------------+---------------+

iocage list -r
+---------------+
| Bases fetched |
+===============+
| 11.1-RELEASE  |
+---------------+
| 11.2-RELEASE  |
+---------------+

iocage get -p
SSD_pool

The unifi jail works fine (as long as I manually start it each time, I still need to find out how to set it to autostart).

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks,
B.

Last edited:

bernieTB

Dabbler
In my efforts to troubleshoot, I tried to add a regular jail (not the Plex plugin) and I get the below error with this one being the most important line I think:

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root/bin/freebsd-version'

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_create.py", line 152, in _create_jail
    with open(freebsd_version, "r") as r:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root/bin/freebsd-version'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
    r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 128, in main_worker
    res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 88, in _run
    return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 183, in create_job
    empty=empty
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 611, in create
    clone=clone,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_create.py", line 87, in create_jail
    return self._create_jail(jail_uuid, location)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_create.py", line 191, in _create_jail
    silent=self.silent)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 81, in logit
    _callback(content, exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
    raise callback_exception(message)
RuntimeError: RELEASE: 11.2-RELEASE not found!
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 332, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 356, in __run_body
    rv = await self.middleware._call_worker(self.serviceobj, self.method_name, *self.args, job={'id': self.id})
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1073, in _call_worker
    job,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1004, in run_in_proc
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 989, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
RuntimeError: RELEASE: 11.2-RELEASE not found!

Even if in the first step of the UI process to install the jail it says: "11.2-RELEASE(fetched)"

Any ideas? Can I just delete the download & release directories in the iocage mnt? I assume it will then pull the images again?

Thanks,
B.