Release 11.2-RELEASE missing, will attempt to fetch it

Did anyone else have issues after upgrading to 11.2 and plugins? I previously had plex installed and removed it prior to upgrade. after upgrade when I went to install the plex plugin I get

and it just sits there for hours at 50% and never installs. This is the same for all the plugins now. Everything was working fine before. Any help is appreciated

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Did anyone else have issues after upgrading to 11.2 and plugins? I previously had plex installed and removed it prior to upgrade. after upgrade when I went to install the plex plugin I get

and it just sits there for hours at 50% and never installs. This is the same for all the plugins now. Everything was working fine before. Any help is appreciated
It might be a bug, but it might also be something else, can you give some additional detail about exactly how you got this result? Screenshots are a great help, sometimes, so we can see exactly where you are, but also how you got there.

For example is this where you are?

1545680596935.png

Did you look at the directions in the manual?

https://www.ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/11.2/plugins.html#install

It might be a bug, but it might also be something else, can you give some additional detail about exactly how you got this result? Screenshots are a great help, sometimes, so we can see exactly where you are, but also how you got there.

For example is this where you are?

View attachment 27295

Did you look at the directions in the manual?

https://www.ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/11.2/plugins.html#install
I did the 11.2 upgrade. I then went to plugins and install. that is when I get the error.
1545681078419.png

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Sorry, that does not tell the full story of how you got there.
Also, you are not logged in to the UI and it is possible the message may simply not update because you are not logged in.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
You might want to read through this thread as it might provide you some answers:

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/can't-update-plex-on-freenas-11-2.72133/
Sorry, that does not tell the full story of how you got there.
Also, you are not logged in to the UI and it is possible the message may simply not update because you are not logged in.

I went to plugins (see screenshot) like normal and click on the 3 vertical dots and then click install. The install starts but then kicks it back out to the login screen and just sits there. This is for all plugins not just PLEX also.

cat1.PNG

ric

Contributor
1549154027080.png

I have face the same issue here. Trying to install a plugin from GUI, and appears that the vertical blue line and download is active and running but it's just sits there too.

dff

Cadet
Im getting the same error when trying to install the Nextcloud plugin on a fresh install of FreeNAS-11.2-U3

"Release 11.2-RELEASE missing, will attempt to fetch it"

Steps. From the GUI - Plugins - Available - Nextcloud - Install - Save

I did a refresh of the admin web-ui and installed the plugin again, ended up with 3 nextcloud jails. 2 would have been somewhat expected, but 3? hmm. Anyway, deleted them all and installed again and worked as expected.

Ishi Carter

Dabbler
I'm sure everyone figured this out by now, but this looks like it won't install because you still have your old jails and you need to manage them through the legacy interface. I went to the legacy interface and wiped out the storage locations. Then I pointed my jails directory to a new location. That made FreeNAS forget about them. After that, I was able to install my plugins in 11.2.

tfran1990

Patron
"Release 11.2-RELEASE missing, will attempt to fetch it" stuck at 50%...
This is on a test system with a fresh pool made from the gui...

DeanNotDin

Dabbler
"Release 11.2-RELEASE missing, will attempt to fetch it" stuck at 50%...
This is on a test system with a fresh pool made from the gui...
Same here.
Fresh install of 11.2-U5, newly formatted pool and ALL jail installation stuck at 50% with this error message.

SGT_GUO

Dabbler
I'm having the same issue here, is there another way to install Plex? I installed Plex in Unraid just the other day without any problem.

doocoo

Cadet
I have the same isssue. Brand new setup, new pool.
Stuck at 50% when installing a plugin, and , cannot manually create a jail.