RancherOS Image unable to download

Binary Buddha

Contributor
D

dlavigne

Anything in /var/log/messages or /var/log/middlewared.log when it fails from the UI?

D

dlavigne

Were either of you able to figure this out? If not, has a bug been reported yet at bugs.freenas.org?

gimbalpooper

Cadet
Were either of you able to figure this out? If not, has a bug been reported yet at bugs.freenas.org?
I haven't had chance to really dig into it yet, but just tested again to rule out transient network weirdness and unfortunately the issue persists. Haven't filed a bug yet, but will do later (unless someone beats me to it).

gimbalpooper

Cadet
I haven't had chance to really dig into it yet, but just tested again to rule out transient network weirdness and unfortunately the issue persists. Haven't filed a bug yet, but will do later (unless someone beats me to it).

Bug now filed at bugs.freenas.org: #67944

gimbalpooper

Cadet
For anyone arriving at this thread with the same issue, it relates to the absence of the iso_files directory in the pool/.bhyve_containers dataset. This directory either failed to be created by the system, or (I'd suggest more likely, in my case at least) was accidentally deleted in the past, in a classic case of tinker error.

In any case, a patch has now been committed and merged to 11.2-stable by William Grzybowski, which will ensure that this directory is present before download of the iso image is attempted.

mmuylaert

Cadet
Problem is that I set my freenas to a fixed ip address. Once set again to DHCP I can download the docker host