Problem installing nextcloud 13 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itay1778

Patron
Hi I tried to install the nextcloud 13 through this guide - https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ll-checks-passed-updated-to-use-iocage.61934/
But I had some problems:
I could not run the "Jail iocage". Installation seems to be going well but I wanted to run it was full of errors (I would send the errors but I deleted this jail)

So at the end I went and created a normal jail and everything was excellent but I noticed that I had missing two files that I could not create or find them redis.sock and mysql.sock

And I think that because I do not have two / one of these files after installing the nextcloud, on its first setup screen (where I define the admin user) I have this error:

"PHP GD module is not installed.
Ask your server administrator to install the module.
PHP modules installed but still listed as missing?
You must ask your server administrator to restart the Web server".

Can you help me understand what I did wrong? I followed the guide really well.

Thanks Itay

danb35

Hall of Famer
If you're following a particular guide, it's really best to reply to the thread about that guide (after you've read it to make sure your problem isn't already answered there). But in my (biased) opinion, the easiest way to get this working is with a script, like the one here. Discussion thread here.

Itay1778

Patron
If you're following a particular guide, it's really best to reply to the thread about that guide (after you've read it to make sure your problem isn't already answered there). But in my (biased) opinion, the easiest way to get this working is with a script, like the one here. Discussion thread here.

Now I also sent there for help.
But do you have any idea why it does that?

Itay1778

Patron
???????????????

danb35

Hall of Famer
No, I don't have any idea why it does that--I'm not particularly familiar with that guide, or why it would show that php-gd isn't installed.

Itay1778

Patron
What's wrong with just using the NextCloud plugin?
You do not have control over many things, where do you sometimes need to get files and they are in a completely different location than usual and because of such a guide you know exactly where everything is and what you need
And updates a lot much easier to install if installation of this manual
The system is more stable
And many more

Status
Not open for further replies.