Strange issues with Nextcloud HELP !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dureal99d

Contributor
I am aware of what you are talking about and looking into a way to fix this. I just started heavy use of this product and will look at any needed config adjustments and advise

Itay1778

Patron
I am aware of what you are talking about and looking into a way to fix this. I just started heavy use of this product and will look at any needed config adjustments and advise
Okay thank you .... it's just a very depressing problem

gt2416

Patron
Out of curiosity, if this is a issue with how we setup nextcloud, why don't I have these issues ?
My friend downloaded a 90 gig file from my cloud no problem. (Final Fantasy XV, it was one big iso file).
@Itay1778 I had the same network problem you had AFTER updating to freenas u5, never had it before.
I restarted my freenas on u4 when you made that post to see if I could replicate it and I could not (thats why I couldnt help you).

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. - Albert Einstein

Is FreeNAS going insane...lol (As a joke, i know software behaves differently on different hardware.)

Last edited:

Itay1778

Patron
Out of curiosity, if this is a issue with how we setup nextcloud, why don't I have these issues ?
My friend downloaded a 90 gig file from my cloud no problem. (Final Fantasy XV, it was one big iso file).
@Itay1778 I had the same network problem you had AFTER updating to freenas u5, never had it before.
I restarted my freenas on u4 when you made that post to see if I could replicate it and I could not (thats why I couldnt help you).

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. - Albert Einstein

Is FreeNAS going insane...lol (As a joke, i know software behaves differently on different hardware.)

It's really interesting why only me have these problems:( I have not found anyone else who had this problem I updated my system to Freenas U5 and still problem everything works fine except this problem and this problem was also in Owncloud. (Plug-in version) and that's why I moved on to Nextcloud, because I saw this guide and also had missing PHP files in Owncloud. So I thought that was why this was a problem because there really could have been PHP going into timeout and their community said it was the problem that was in owncloud but probably not because I have the same problems in Nextcloud

What I'm Doing Wrong Everything seems to be set right and everything runs good just for this annoying problem

Could be the ISP? (They told me on the first page of this post can be)
I will check again on the local network only on the local IP without the domain because in U4 there was this problem there too. But I will try again in U5 maybe it did something!;)

gt2416

Patron
Owncloud. (Plug-in version) and that's why I moved on to Nextcloud, because I saw this guide
WAIT, if you had this EXACT SAME behavior using owncloud, then its not a problem with freenas/nextcloud setup. Its your network, so maybe your isp ?
I'll message you in private with a temporary dns of my nextcloud and try to download a file and see if it works

Itay1778

Patron
Someone knows what to do - I've added new information

Itay1778

Patron
Please someone knows what to do it
I beg you please !!!!!

gt2416

Patron
Just to reiterate his problem. When he downloads from his server it fails after a while. Like the connection was broken and cannot recover.
- This only happens using the public dns.
- Over LAN everything works as usual.
So i thought it must be either his router or isp.
I have given him a file from my nextcloud to download, about 35gigs, he downloaded it no problem.
So I thought maybe his router is fine and his ISP is not disconnecting downloads. But isp's usually give you a shitty upload pipe cause they know most people dont care. He setup a ftp server and was able to download a large file from that server, so his isp is not disconnecting uploads after a while either. I really dont know enough about networking to debug more than that. If anyone else can chime in that would be great.
I am pretty confident his nextcloud setup isnt the issue here (cause it works lan no problem and we followed the same setup procedure) but I cant tell what is.
It could be a PHP issue. If you google this error (from his logs)
child pid 61328 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
Many people say its a PHP issue, but it works on lan so...o_O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.