External storage nextcloud plugin - php problem

Dhy1

Explorer
OS Version:
FreeNAS-11.2-U7
(Build Date: Nov 19, 2019 0:4)
Processor:
AMD FX-8370 Eight-Core Processor (8 cores)
Memory:
16 GiB

NextCloud message:

FTP support in PHP is not enabled or installed. Failed to mount "FTP". Ask your system administrator to install it.

"smbclient" is not installed. Unable to mount "SMB / CIFS", "SMB / CIFS using OC credentials". Ask your system administrator to install it.

PHP 7.1.33 (cli) (built: Dec 2 2019 16:46:10) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies with Zend OPcache v7.1.33, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

root@nextcloud:~ # pkg install php71-ftp
Updating iocage-plugins repository catalogue...iocage-plugins repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'php71-ftp' have been found in the repositories
root@nextcloud:~ #

data source: https://www.freshports.org/ftp/php71-ftp/

Hello,
In a jaill I installed nextcloud.
I need to install the php ftp module and the samba php module.
i tried in every way but i can't install it in jail.
can you help me?

root@nextcloud:~ # pkg install -y php7.1
Updating iocage-plugins repository catalogue...
iocage-plugins repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'php7.1' have been found in the r
epositories

root@nextcloud:~ # php -m
[PHP Modules]
apcu
bz2
Core
ctype
curl
date
dom
exif
fileinfo
filter
gd
hash
iconv
imagick
intl
json
ldap
libxml
mbstring
mysqlnd
openssl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
posix
Reflection
session
SimpleXML
SPL
standard
wddx
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
xsl
Zend OPcache
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Zend OPcache

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

Dhy1

Explorer

Dhy1

Explorer
I installed php 7.2 .. but I am not able to install the modules anyway

Dhy1

Explorer
PHP 7.2.25 (cli) (built: Dec 2 2019 16:45:54) ( NTS )Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.2.25, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

root@nextcloud:~ # php -m [PHP Modules]apcu bz2 Core ctype curl date dom exif fileinfo filter gd hash iconv imagick intl json ldap libxml mbstring mysqlnd openssl pcre PDO pdo_mysql posix Reflection session SimpleXML SPL standard wddx xml xmlreader xmlwriter xsl Zend OPcache zip zlib [Zend Modules] Zend OPcache

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
pkg install php72-ftp will install that package but I don't see one listed for smbclient. What exactly are you trying to do?

Dhy1

Explorer
dont run

root@nextcloud:~ # pkg install php72-ftp Updating iocage-plugins repository catalogue...iocage-plugins repository is up to date. All repositories are up to date. pkg: No packages available to install matching 'php72-ftp' have been found in the repositories root@nextcloud:~ #

I installed a nextcloud plugin .. external archives .. and I wanted to add ftp archiving and samba archiving.

Nextcloud tells me:

FTP support in PHP is not enabled or installed. Failed to mount "FTP". Ask your system administrator to install it.

"smbclient" is not installed. Unable to mount "SMB / CIFS", "SMB / CIFS using OC credentials". Ask your system administrator to install it.

barcode

Cadet
I've got the exact same problem and posted about it a few days ago, unfortunately nobody has been able to help me so far, either...

Would be great if someone was able to point out to new users how to solve this, as this is an official plugin and should work out of the box without further hassle. I don't think the sharing of storage with the freenas is very uncommon..... this actually is the first issue I had in the whole installation/learning process of FreeNAS and Nextcloud that I haven't been able to find anything at all about in the web.

Dhy1

Explorer
I've got the exact same problem and posted about it a few days ago, unfortunately nobody has been able to help me so far, either...

Would be great if someone was able to point out to new users how to solve this, as this is an official plugin and should work out of the box without further hassle. I don't think the sharing of storage with the freenas is very uncommon..... this actually is the first issue I had in the whole installation/learning process of FreeNAS and Nextcloud that I haven't been able to find anything at all about in the web.
If you find a solution let me know .. I will do the same

G8One2

Patron
ssh into the nextcloud jail. Run this command: pkg install php72-ftp (or change to php73 / php71 or whatever php version your using) and restart the jail. This worked for me. I Cant be sure this will work for you, it probably depends on how the NextCloud was built. YMMV

G8One2

Patron
Just so you guys know, its been discussed numerous times that the plug in install of NextCloud is not recommended because it doesnt have all the correct packages installed as a plug in. Its also not being supported for some reason. It would be best to follow danby's script or follow the Samuel Doweling method of installing NextCloud.

barcode

Cadet
ssh into the nextcloud jail. Run this command: pkg install php72-ftp (or change to php73 / php71 or whatever php version your using) and restart the jail. This worked for me. I can't be sure this will work for you, it probably depends on how the NextCloud was built. YMMV
Not working for me, unfortunately. Even a pkg search doesn’t find any of the php-ftp pkgs, and i‘m too much of a noob to figure out how else to get/install it properly.

but thanks for pointing out the preferred manual installation method and what to search for, will look into it as soon as i have time after Christmas.

Why is this officially supported, though, if it’s sort of broken and not up to date?

Merry Christmas everyone!!