problem after update from 9.2.0 to 9.2.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.B

Cadet
Hello
my NAS (9.2.0) has worked perfectly for over 2 years, but suddenly became super slow. since my knowledge about FreeNAS is very limited, I thought I'd update it from 9.2.0 to 9.2.1.5, this was done via systems (over the WEBGUI) and now says the 192.168.0.201 rejected connection.
I get the console setup on the screen to FreeNAS, but now I do not know what to do?
I have read different forums for 2 days but have not gotten much wiser

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter.B

Cadet
Yes I get an ipadress and it responds to ping

Peter.B

Cadet
No firewall, the router assigns FreeNAS the same IP as before (when it worked).
If I buy 3 new drives and do a new clean install with newest version, is it possibly to import all old data from 9.2.0 UFS?

Last edited by a moderator:

StephenFry

Contributor
Why would you buy three new drives?

My first thing to check would be if something went awry in a config.
So get a fresh USB stick or format your current one and do an install of your preferred FreeNAS version.

I know nothing about UFS, but like with ZFS, I assume it's completely separated from the OS, so it should be accessible with any -working- OS.

joeschmuck

Old Man
My advice is to grab a new USB Flash Drive and install FreeNAS 9.2.0 on it. Restore your configuration file. All should be fine again assuming this was the only change. Keep one thing in mind, you could have made a change a week earlier on the router and this didn't show any problems on the FreeNAS server until it was rebooted. That was just an example, not saying that is your situation. Sometimes we make changes and the impact isn't realized until a later date when we reboot the server. I've seen it here a few times and of course personnaly experience it in other systems at work.

As you are aware UFS is no longer supported in the current FreeNAS which is why you are still on the older version.

Now if you want to continue troubleshooting the current problem then I would directly connect the FreeNAS server Ethernet cable to your computer you are using and then setup static IPs for both. If you can make it work with the direct connection then you must have a networking problem elsewhere. Doing this direct connection will prove FreeNAS is or isn't the issue. Make sure your Gateway is also setup correctly.

Peter.B

Cadet
Hi
i did buy new USB Flash Drive and installed FreeNAS 9.2.0 , worked fine but icant import my old volymes? just get "The selected disks were not verified for this import rules"?? what im i doing wrong?.
After what i understand the auto import is just for ZFS volymes?.
i need to have acess to the volymes so i can copy the content , after that i will create a ZFS instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.