Issue after updating from 9.2.0 to 9.2.1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
Ok so i just upgraded from FreeNAS-9.2.0-RELEASE-x64 (ab098f4) to latest 9.2.1.7 via GUI. System rebooted twice as expected, database structure changes performed w/o issues. Thing is that it hang for 12 minutes on nmbd part while webgui not accessible. After these 12 minutes another message popped out in console and now it's been like another 10 minutes since then.

I am not panicking (yet) and will not touch/do anything, i am just curious if anyone faced the same behavior? I'll check it again in hour or so. More details in attached screen.

afterupdate.PNG

EDIT: Lol it already finished while i was writing this thread, i have CLI and webGUI back ^^

So i guess the following part of the documentation could contain some notification that it can take several minutes between the second reboot and the full operation state where the webGUI is accessible again. One could do some baaad actions (like pushing the reset button) if not having IPMI/monitor to see what exactly is going on...

FreeNAS® will actually reboot twice: once the new operating system loads, the upgrade
process applies the new database schema and reboots again
• assuming all went well, the FreeNAS® system will receive the same IP from the DHCP server;
refresh your browser after a moment to see if you can access the system

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.