SOLVED Plugin uninstalled - missing jail! Restore possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmathoc

Cadet
So I've been using FreeNAS with NextCloud for a while and I thought it was all pretty clear. Just now I mistakenly uninstalled the NextCloud plugin, while looking for a reason why it has stopped working.
The jail that contained the nextcloud plugin has now gone. I am running daily snapshots and it appears there are no snapshots of the jail either.
Has the plugin uninstall process really removed the jail? If so, is it in any of the volume snapshots so I can get the contents back?

I tried at length to find a specific answer to this and learnt a lot about snapshots, jails and plugins - but no specifics to help me.

Please repost or move or signpost as you wish to help a noob on the forum. Many thanks.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Removing a plugin removes its corresponding jail. A jail is a dataset. When you destroy a dataset, you delete all snapshots of that dataset as well.

docmathoc

Cadet
Hmmm
So it's all gone, then :(

How would I configure a jail so that it is backed up? Are there built-in tasks for that in FreeNAS?

Thanks.

danb35

Hall of Famer
How would I configure a jail so that it is backed up?
Best way is probably to run a local replication task--it would keep a copy of your jails dataset somewhere else (wherever you choose). Local replication is more complicated than it should be to set up, but not too tricky.

docmathoc

Cadet
I shall look into it.
At least most material in nextcloud was stored on other volumes and the live material is replicated on client machines, so nothing got lost.
Thanks for the help!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Status
Not open for further replies.