SOLVED Jail Rollback Not Working

kypdurron5

Dabbler
I could really use some help. It seems like every time I try to update a jail or plugin the whole thing breaks. In the past I've had no success with rollbacks so I would just start over (or not update at all). However my Nextcloud install is rather complicated with SSL, a contacts server, multiple users, etc. And without the ability to export my database (with a working mysql) it appears all is lost if I cannot make rollback work this time. In trying to upgrade Nextcloud I first tried to do just the app but that broke it. Thinking I needed to also update the jail I tried that but it cycles indefinitely halfway through (cannot open Mariadb issue). When I iocage console in, apache24 isn't registering anymore as a service, certbot is missing a dependency, and mysqldump screams about a socket that's missing. So, very profoundly broken.

So here's my situation:
  • I have a ton of snapshots to pick from.
  • Snapshots exist for "nextcloud" (jail), "nextcloud/root," and I have a dataset called "NextcloudData" which I mount to the nextcloud/data folder.
  • I read on here that I must rollback at least the first 2, so I just did all 3 to the AM before I got the bright idea to upgrade Nextcloud.
  • I used the option "No Safety Check" because I don't care about snapshots in the days since I messed it all up, I just want to completely go back in time.
  • And: nothing. via terminal everything is still broken, it doesn't know what apache24 is, certbot is missing dependencies, everything above.
What am I doing incorrectly with the rollbacks? What log should I look at? It didn't delete the later snapshots as it said it would (is that a clue?). I'm doing the rollbacks via GUI. I'm reasonably certain one thing has changed; along the way I'm 90% sure I managed to get the release updated to the latest 12.3 but the jail now says it's back to 11.2p15. .

I'm really hoping someone has some ideas!

Thanks in advance!
Currently running:
Version:
TrueNAS-12.0-U7

kypdurron5

Dabbler
After about 8 hours straight today following 3 days dealing with this problem I realized I picked the wrong (newer) date on my rollbacks. Now that I've picked the correct ones it's working perfectly again! I think in the past where I went wrong was not doing both the jail and jail/root rollbacks together (with root having 99% of the changes). I'm stoked not only to fix this, but having rollbacks work as intended means I don't have to be quite so afraid to upgrade my jails in the future.

As an aside, I decided to tackle all my jails at once which is why I'm so fatigued. Upgrading Sonarr and Radarr also broke both of those (search function wouldn't work). People said the problem was mono and you had to build the package yourself so I spent a lot of time doing that but nothing worked. So I did a clean install (to be fair they're community not IX plugins) but the search function wouldn't work with those either! Finally, I manually made those jails and a simple pkg install worked like a charm, even with the old version of mono (which I've since updated and it's still working). So anyway, it's been a long few days, glad this support system is here!