Stop rollback safety checks

Peek

Cadet
With TrueNAS-12.0 Core upon selecting to rollback, the resulting "Stop Rollback if Snapshot Exist" window provides the first option as: "Newer Intermediate, Child, and Clone".

Upon trying to get a clearer understanding of what to expect and thereby testing this option, I found that

- selecting to rollback to an older ( in time ) snapshot when a more recent snapshot exist, will prevent the rollback from completing. This being as expected from the referenced "Newer Intermediate".

However, doing the same exercise with a "newer child dataset snapshot" in existence

- the rollback will complete successfully with the following warning: "statfs(/mnt/pool-01/data/child) failed: No such file or directory" as the child dataset's folder was removed.

This is unfortunately quite confusing, be it due to my incorrect interpretation or lack of understanding. Not to disregard the associated fear created.

As such, can someone please provide clarity on these safety checks with reference to the "child dataset" and "clone snapshots" when selecting this rollback option ?

P.S. Please note that I am aware of the preference to rather clone than rollback. I wish to understand the expectations of these safety features, once one has no option but to rollback.