SOLVED Can't rollback to an earlier snapshot (no rollback button)

tpax

Cadet
Hello friends,

I have an issue (or lack of understanding) with snapshots an the rollback function.

Here is an exemplary list of periodic snapshots for a certain dataset with times of creation:

SNAPSHOT_1 08:00 AM
SNAPSHOT_2 08:30 AM
SNAPSHOT_3 09:00 AM
SNAPSHOT_4 09:30 AM
SNAPSHOT_5 10:00 AM

So, at 09:15 AM, a lot of unwanted things changed, so I need to rollback to SNAPSHOT_3 that was created at 09:00 AM. In order to rollback to SNAPSHOT_3, I need to delete SNAPSHOT_4 and SNAPSHOT_5, since FreeNAS only allows me to rollback to the latest snapshot, at least that's the idea I got after reading the forums here.

So, I deleted SNAPSHOT_4 and SNAPSHOT_5. But now, there is still no ROLLBACK button in the contect menu of SNAPSHOT_3. Why? I thought that you can rollback to a certain snapshot after deleting the intermediate snapshots. Am I missing something?

Also, I know about the clone function, but in this case it's not what I'm looking for.

Best regards,
tpax

EDIT: Ok, it seems like this is an issue with the recent (11.2) web interface. With the legacy interface there actually is a rollback button after you delete the newer snapshots.

Last edited: