Starting Jail Plugin overrides "jail" settings in rc.conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

mszalay

Cadet
Hello,

I am new to FreeNas and am currently running 8.2.0-release-p1 x86. Setup with UFS. With the FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-x86.Plugins_Jail.pbi installed.

I am currently using the Jail Plugins service to create a jail. This works fine, i have various apps installed in the Jail, setup as services which start when the jail starts etc etc. My issue is with the shutdown. From the jail i can run the rc.shutdown and all the services shutdown properly. I need this to run when the plugin service is stopped from the webGUI or the system is shutdown.

I have noticed that on the NAS the various jail settings within rc.conf are not added until the plugin service is started from the webGUI. I have also noticed that any additional settings i place in the rc.conf file are removed if they are a "jail" setting.

For example if i add the following:

jail_<jailname>_exec_stop="/bin/sh /etc/rc.shutdown"

it will be removed when the plugin service is started. If the setting i add is not related to a jail it remains.

Is there a way that I can add a custom "jail" setting? Perhaps there is a reason for this?

Is there a better way to get the shutdown to work?

I'm sure that individual pbi's could be created for each application i have installed, but for testing i would like to get this working.

Thanks

Mike

ProtoSD

MVP
Mike,

Try making your changes in /conf/base/etc instead of /etc, after mounting / rw (mount -uw /). Other than that, you appear to be on the right track.

mszalay

Cadet
I do have all my settings done in the /conf/base/etc files so that they persist/transferred to the running settings. This works fine for any setting that is not a "jail" setting. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.