Plugin for Amazon Drive (Unlimited Everything)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtfR6a

Explorer
needs FUSE support which is coming in FreeNAS 10. Hold on a few months and it should be cookbookable....

ChrisWue

Cadet
Kurt,

can you provide instructions on how you set it up or point to some online docs? I have looked and not found much, new to FreeNas, but not new to Amazon CloudDrive.

Thanks,

Derek

It's quite trivial to setup rclone on FreeNAS:
  • Get an account for Amazon Cloud Drive
  • Create a new jail on FreeNAS, following I assume it's called rclone
  • SSH into your FreeNAS box
  • Switch to the rclone jail: jexec rclone
  • Switch to home directory: cd ~
  • Download the rclone executable: curl -O http://downloads.rclone.org/rclone-current-freebsd-amd64.zip
  • Unzip: unzip rclone-current-freebsd-amd64.zip
  • Copy to bin folder: cp cp rclone-v1.29-freebsd-amd64/rclone /usr/sbin
  • Change permissions: chmod 755 /usr/sbin/rclone
  • Start configuring rclone: rclone config
  • > n (for new remote)
  • > enter a name for your local cloud account (like AmazonCloud or whatever)
  • > 1 (for Amazon Cloud Drive)
  • > n (for NOT using auto config)
  • Now you need to download rclone onto a computer with a web browser on it from http://rclone.org/downloads/
  • On the web connected computer unzip the binary, open a console window and change to the path where you extracted rclone to
  • On the web connected computer run `rclone authorize rclone authorize "amazon cloud drive"
  • A new page/tab in your browser will open and Amazon will ask you to acknowledge access for rclone, click OK
  • Go back to the console window
  • Copy everything between ---> and <---- (multiple lines)
  • Paste it into your FreeNAS box ssh session and hit enter
  • > y (for Yes this is OK)
  • Quick check that it's working: rclone ls AmazonCloud:/ (assuming you named your local rclone account AmazonCloud) which should output something like this:
Transferred: 0 Bytes ( 0.00 kByte/s)
Errors: 0
Checks: 0
Transferred: 0
Elapsed time: 4.9s
  • Done

Now all you have to do is to map some storage into your jail and run rclone copy with the appropriate paths.
One thing to note might be: If you run rclone from an SSH login and your SSH session gets closed (for example you shut down you normal laptop/workstation) then the rclone process will get killed. In order to avoid this simply run the rclone process in the background. Something like this:

rclone copy /mnt/data/ AmazonCloud:backup >& rclone.out &

Technically you don't have to create a separate jail for it but I found it safer when experimenting around with new stuff.

AJinNJ

Dabbler
Can anyone help me "simplify" the installation of rclone? That is, can it be done without creating a jail? I'm pretty good with linux and can probably get by in freebsd, but jails are foreign to me and since this is a SOHO installation, I'm not terribly concerned about LAN-side security.

If NOT using a jail makes it harder to do automatic upgrades, etc, then OK, I'll just have to read-up further on jails...but I'd prefer to keep it simple wherever possible.

Thanks,
AJ

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Not using a jail means anything you install will be lost the next time you update FreeNAS.

AJinNJ

Dabbler
Not using a jail means anything you install will be lost the next time you update FreeNAS.
This, alone, is reason-enough to use the jail mechanism. Other than the freenas docs, does anyone have a link to "FreeBSD/FreeNAS Jails for Dummies"? :)

Tactically, I think I need more detail for step 2 ("Create a new jail on FreeNAS"), and "Now all you have to do is map some storage..." (at the end).

Thanks again!

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Technically, creating a jail is just a few clicks in the GUI. Understanding the what, how, and why of jails is obviously much larger. I bet if you Google "freebsd jails" you'll find lots of information. The definitive source, of course, would be the FreeBSD documentation: https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/jails.html

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Oh, and the "map some storage" part is just a few clicks too. The idea is that a jail, by default, cannot see any of the host's filesystem. Mapping storage into a jail is how you mount part of the host filesystem within the jail. In most cases, this is something you want to do to get something useful done.

ChrisWue

Cadet
This, alone, is reason-enough to use the jail mechanism. Other than the freenas docs, does anyone have a link to "FreeBSD/FreeNAS Jails for Dummies"? :)

Tactically, I think I need more detail for step 2 ("Create a new jail on FreeNAS"), and "Now all you have to do is map some storage..." (at the end).

Thanks again!

Creating a jail in FreeNAS is trivial: You simply go to the web UI under Jails and "Add Jail" (more documentation can be found here: https://doc.freenas.org/9.10/jails.html#adding-jails - normally you can just ignore everything under "Advanced Mode").
Once the jail is added you can map some storage from the main FreeNAS OS into the jail (in order to make the data accessible inside the jail for rclone): https://doc.freenas.org/9.10/jails.html#add-storage

IRONF1ST

Cadet
Has anyone been able to get rclone's mount function to work in a jail on 9.10? I've been able to use rclone just fine with ACD to take a backup of my data, but I'd like to be able to mount it in FreeNAS.

Whenever I try rclone's mount command I get this:

Code:
rclone mount acdencrypted:/encrypted/ /mnt/acd-encrypted/
mount helper error: mount_fusefs: /dev/fuse on /mnt/acd-encrypted/: Operation not permitted
Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: mount_fusefs: exit status 71

I've got fuse running on the system but I'm not sure how to get it running in the jail like I've seen for people running rar2fs. Here's the permissions for fuse in the jail since I figured it was a permissions issue once I was sure fuse was running:
Code:
ls -la /dev/fuse  crw-rw----  1 root  operator  0x5d Feb 15 12:19 /dev/fuse

vince84

Cadet
Has anyone been able to get rclone's mount function to work in a jail on 9.10? I've been able to use rclone just fine with ACD to take a backup of my data, but I'd like to be able to mount it in FreeNAS.

Whenever I try rclone's mount command I get this:

Code:
rclone mount acdencrypted:/encrypted/ /mnt/acd-encrypted/
mount helper error: mount_fusefs: /dev/fuse on /mnt/acd-encrypted/: Operation not permitted
Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: mount_fusefs: exit status 71

I've got fuse running on the system but I'm not sure how to get it running in the jail like I've seen for people running rar2fs. Here's the permissions for fuse in the jail since I figured it was a permissions issue once I was sure fuse was running:
Code:
ls -la /dev/fuse  crw-rw----  1 root  operator  0x5d Feb 15 12:19 /dev/fuse

I have the same problem. Have you solved this ?

dreamerns

Dabbler
I've been using rclone inside jail as well (had to make bash wrapper and use crontab to run it). Now that I switched to FreeNAS Corral, I'm using VM to run rclone (among other things like SpiderOak).

vince84

Cadet
Ok, I will try to use rclone in VM but I prefer to solve my problem:

When I try to mount my amazon cloud drive with this command :
Code:
rclone mount AmazonCloudDrive: /mnt/AmazonCloudDrive/ --no-modtime --allow-other -v &

I get theses errors :
Code:
2017/04/04 19:57:47 mount helper error: mount_fusefs: /dev/fuse on /mnt/AmazonCloudDrive: Operation not permitted
2017/04/04 19:57:47 Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: mount_fusefs: exit status 71

dreamerns

Dabbler
I'm not using mount option, it's experimental and it didn't exist when I did my setup. Sorry, can't help there I don't have jails anymore to try it out (switched to Corral) :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.