Plex running poorly

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceMilo

Dabbler
Whenever I watch a high res, high bitrate video using plex to stream to my Xbox One it will randomly freeze up and buffer. It can happen half way through the movie, or during the credits. It can happen once or 40 times. I'm running gigabit everywhere and Plex transcodes on the fly so it should compensate and give me a seamless experience but it's not. It's probably not Plex itself, it's probably a setting or the NIC or something that's doing this but I don't know what it is. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to fix this? Has anyone run into this? It's not reproducable on demand, it happens when it happens, so it's not like I can try something, see if it fixes it, repeat.

Thanks
Mark

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
This is a question best asked, and answered, on the plex forums.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Whenever I watch a high res, high bitrate video using plex to stream to my Xbox One it will randomly freeze up and buffer. It can happen half way through the movie, or during the credits. It can happen once or 40 times. I'm running gigabit everywhere and Plex transcodes on the fly so it should compensate and give me a seamless experience but it's not. It's probably not Plex itself, it's probably a setting or the NIC or something that's doing this but I don't know what it is. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to fix this? Has anyone run into this? It's not reproducable on demand, it happens when it happens, so it's not like I can try something, see if it fixes it, repeat.

Thanks
Mark
Cool story, try providing the minimum required information.

Hardware specs, freenas version, Plex server version, Plex client?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

diedrichg

Wizard
Switch to Emby

scrappy

Patron
Without hardware and software info it's hard to say for sure. Forum rules state to provide this information. Anyway, if I were to guess, it sounds to me that your CPU is not keeping up with transcoding the video. Is Plex actually transcoding the video or playing it back natively on your Xbox? Transcoding seems a bit weird on an Xbox when it's on your LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.