Plex problems

Steff0252

Dabbler
Hi Team

As I am new to this, I wonder if anyone can help me.

I use an old computer shassi, mothebord card with AMD FX (tm) -4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.60 Ghz, 32 GB Ram, where I use my old HDD and new, in 3 poles. a total of 20 TB

The program I use is FreeNas 11.3
I use it as Nas for Movies, Music, TV Series and buck up.

My problem is with Plex
If I try to install Plex through FreeNas maneger, (xxx .: 32400 / web / index.html
Then it will not find my directories of Movies, Music, etc
If I instead install Plex server on my Win 10, then will he find the same directories without problems to share with other computers and tablets via the web

In plex it says that I will update to newer version.
I have updated in FreeNas, (1.18.3.2129) but that version is not like the one on the Plex page (1.18.6.2368)
I have downloaded the new Plex version to my computer, but do not know how to update Plex manually either in FreeNas or in the computer?

Is there anyone who can give me advice and help me, I would be grateful.
I am totally o knowledgeable on Linux or data programming, more used to Win

Grateful for help

It doesn't quite work like that for FreeNAS. If you're not comfortable working from the command line, I'd recommend you stick with the plugin version you have. A newer version of the plugin will eventually be made available, but it is on a periodic update cycle. If you need to be on the latest version of Plex, then you'll have to install Plex manually in an iocage jail. Have a look in the Resources section of the forum for instructions on how to do this.

Steff0252

Dabbler
Hello
Thanks for your reply
I have installed both Plugin, Plex, and Jail with the same name.
But when I through FreeNas try to complete the installation on Plex, then he does not find any directories, except where Plex is installed.

But then and if I install Plex Server on Win, does it find all the directories and can complete the installation without any problems?

I have done the update on both Plugin and Jail, Plexen

The sentence disappears with FreeNas com I have to keep Win running to stream.