Plex plug-in periodically stops working until a jail restart

So, I am still quite new to TrueNAS but I have a box with the latest version of TrueNAS Core installed. I installed the Plex plugin and the only setting I changed was the name of the jail (plexjail). I have a media dataset that is mounted for both read and write in the jail with the correct ACL in place. I also gave the jail a static IP via my router. For the most part, it works great. But, every few days, it seems like the Plex service just crashes because the UI becomes completely inaccessible. The only way around it is to restart the jail. There are no warnings that pop up or anything of the sort. It just stops being responsive. Is there somewhere I can look for logs in order to get an idea of why it does this? I did read on a forum that the jail may be putting some piece of hardware to sleep. Maybe the hardware puts itself to sleep due to inactivity? Regardless, any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: That’s my bad on forgetting my hardware specs.

CPU: Intel Core i5-10600K
Motherboard: Asus Prime B460M-A
Memory: 32 GB of Corsair Vengeance DDR4
Storage: I have a 112 GB Seagate M.2 SSD with the OS installed on a 16 GB partition. Another partition on the same SSD takes up the rest of the space and that is where my jails are.
Pools: RAIDZ2 pool with 8x 6TB drives.

Last edited:

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Per the Forum Rules, please include the details of your hardware. You've not included enough info to help us help you.