Plex not visible on PS3 or XBOX360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theunis

Cadet
I am up in arms.

I have installed FreeNAS on my HP N40L server, set up jails and installed the plex media server. I had a DSL-2750U D-Link router, I have set up the static IP's for both the Server and the PMS. All worked well, I could access the PMS on all devices, including my PS3 and XBOX360.

I recently changed my router to a DSL-2740U D-Link router, I then set the static IP's for the server as well as the PMS. Good now I can access the PMS through the normal IP and port on any local PC or device that has the Plex app installed, but for some reason I can't access it through my PS3 or XBOX360. It used to show up under the video devices or player respectfully.

I don't know what I did wrong, but I can't figure this out.

The PMS will show up for a few seconds in Windows Network Area and then just disappear. I don't know why it would behave this way. I know it should be something with the router as that is the only thing that has changed.

Any one of your have a similar experience or advise that I could use to rectify the problem? Everybody is looking at me in anticipation as they aren't able to watch their series on the TV.

Some people suggested to disable UPNP on the router, I haven't had the time to try that, but will do the afternoon when I get back home.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Upnp will do nothing.

Try restarting Plex, restart jail, restart router.

Status
Not open for further replies.