Plex Issue on PS3 and PS4 only...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure if this is a settings issue or a Plex issue, but...
I've been up and running w/ no issues for 8 months (and loving every minute).
I recently switched out my wireless routers (2 Cisco router/switches) for a single OnHub and at the same time upgraded my ISP from 100Mbps to 300Mbps, which required a modem change.
Ever since that my Plex client, only on the PS3 and PS4, are not working. I have gotten a couple different messages/screens about what the issue is
"We couldn't reach a media server"
or
some inability to connect to the server and to ensure I'm signed in.

However, my web App (on tablets and on my computer) is working without issue.
As is the Windows share.

Any thoughts? I kind of think it may be because of some IP address settings or something either on the PStations or on the server...but I'm really not sure.

Plex Plugin Version 1.10.1.4602 (I believe the current version for Plex)
and I'm behind a bit on my FreeNAS version...but whatevs...? right?

Missing a lot of information here like how things are connected, if you reset the config on the playstations, etc. Plus you went from two wireless routers which I have to guess one was in AP mode to a single one so if you are using wireless to connect the playstation are the signals good enough to work? Did you check the playstations for internet access? Are they set to DHCP or static IP?

Troubleshoot the hardware first then start thinking software. It's probably a network issue you created with your changes I give it a 1% chance of actually being the plex install on the FreeNAS a .000001% chance of being the FreeNAS and the rest of it is on the network hardware/settings.

Everything is connected wired (modem - OnHub - various Gigabit switches - PS3/PS4).
Definitely have connectivity for both PSs (Fortnite/Netlix working).
I'll have to get back on DHCP/Static...haven't looked and don't remember.

I think network issue too, just odd and hoping for a nice quick "eureka".

nojohnny101

Wizard
Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling on the PS3 and PS4?

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling on the PS3 and PS4?
Yup. No dice.
Never dealt with Plex tech support before, but I'll be giving them a call now.

Although...how do I update to the latest version of Plex on my FreeNAS box? Tried following a thread I found, but the download script was no longer available.

Sigh...time for some learnin

Status
Not open for further replies.