plex to ps3, only some stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizzydrink

Cadet
Hi all.

I am having an issue that is getting me stumped.

I have 2 1tb drives that I imported into freenas.
One has TV shows and the other has movies.

I have installed the plex server and in the jails I have the mounts point to a directory called media. All is good here.

When I go into plex I can add all the folders etc from both drives.

Now. If I use the plex app on my phone or tablet I can see and stream all my files on both drives. However if I go into my ps3 I can see the server. However only my TV shows come up.

When I go to movies it just sits there for abouta minute and says there Dlna error.

Sorry for long winded post. Any ideas?
Cheers

Edit: I just thought after typing all that out on my phone, does plex have a time out or something and isn't having enough time to scan all my folders? There would be approx 900 movies on there? Is this a plex issue?
Thanks

TheSmoker

Patron
I am guessing you will have lots more luck on the plex forums. Here we are freenas users first and some of us plex users as well. I also have lots of movies, not 900 though, and plex will show them to my ps3 without problems. Indexing will take a while in the beginning.

fizzydrink

Cadet
Thanks mate. I thought maybe I hadn't set a jail right or something. I think it was the file number as I tried making a a-l m-z folders and it sees it. Must be timing out while indexing.

Thanks

TheSmoker

Patron
Wait for it to finish indexing, then try again. If it does the same thing then go search through the plex forums for an answer. It would be the quickest way, unless some of the plex gurus will hop on and solve it for you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.